How use reason 4 effects in Ableton Live???

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zenek

How use reason 4 effects in Ableton Live???

Post by Zenek » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Hello

My question is very simple i guees, i hope somebody knows the easy way to do it..

I need to process one audio track from Ableton Live with i.e. the distorsion Scream 4 unit...

So, i open first Live..
Then open Reason...

Then i think i should to route my audio track to Reason...an then route the processed audio back to Live...

But i dont know what more i should do...

Thanks in advanced!

:wink:

cids

Re: How use reason 4 effects in Ableton Live???

Post by cids » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:56 pm

As far as I know there is no way to route audio into Reason... what you can do is freeze the audio in Live and use the audio file in Reason's sampler + the effect you need...
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm

or render/bounce the audio in Live and open it up in an NN19 in Reason and process it that way.

Reason is a closed system (you can use it within Record too but that's it without rewiring, which has limitations). You can rewire it's audio channels to Live but not the other way around anyway.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm

i wish they gonna convert the reason units to VST.
i own reason 4.0 but i would pay extra for a VST redrum, scream or thor.

dmcm

Post by dmcm » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 pm

There's Peter Tools Hammer... I experimented with that at one point. Looks like the site hasn't been updated in a while but it did work with Reason 3 and Ableton.

http://www.petertools.com/users/confirm ... ZWMRFYGRSY

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:12 pm

other than the NNXT route, no way to route audio into Reason UNLESS you own Record.. if you already own reason, I think the update price is fair and running Reason within Record actually takes up less CPU than running Reason by itself. Also, to me, recording audio is easier in Record because of the way the "comp" recording works and you can audition multiple takes and such. not a big deal for most users but for people recording live instruments or voices, it's much easier to comp stuff in Record vs Ableton. plus, when your done creating within ableton, bounce all tracks and mix within Records mixer.. I have always had the problem of constantly changing stuff within ableton and had trouble leaving the arrangement alone.. my 2 cents..

Oscar F

Post by Oscar F » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:34 pm

nuxnamon wrote:other than the NNXT route, no way to route audio into Reason UNLESS you own Record.. if you already own reason, I think the update price is fair and running Reason within Record actually takes up less CPU than running Reason by itself. Also, to me, recording audio is easier in Record because of the way the "comp" recording works and you can audition multiple takes and such. not a big deal for most users but for people recording live instruments or voices, it's much easier to comp stuff in Record vs Ableton. plus, when your done creating within ableton, bounce all tracks and mix within Records mixer.. I have always had the problem of constantly changing stuff within ableton and had trouble leaving the arrangement alone.. my 2 cents..

Also makes Rewiring easier as takes up less CPU too if just using Record like Reason 4 (as a virtual rack for your Host App) due too the Multicore support you don't get in Reason on it's own.
The Record Mixer does sound very nice and I do enjoy mixing with provided dynamics on per track basis and onboard channel eq (guess I kind of learned that way).
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place is actually nowhere.

Oscar F

Post by Oscar F » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 pm

There is also a $15 app if you are on the Mac that will batch convert your Apple Loops, Ableton Files etc to Record Format files ready for import with the correct tempo metadata - need top dig the link out I think and will come back with it later for you. (handy utility I must confess).
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place is actually nowhere.

Spectrumdisco

Post by Spectrumdisco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:57 am

Reason will never be a VST

düSlair

Post by düSlair » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:31 pm

well, i use reason with live prettey much like it is explained in these 2 vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVgLgM7Objw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqe1OLif ... re=related