What version of Live are you all using?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bagle

Re: What version of Live are you all using?

Post by Bagle » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:55 pm

using 8 alot, 7 for when im dealing with sets from friends or some old stuff
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:07 am

8.0.9 Because the only way to test 8.1.x under gig conditions is to gig with it, and I'm a little reticent to move from my "known quantity" what with the comments and "folklore" about 8.1. I'm not in a hurry to use M4L, so I'll stay with 8.0.9 until there is a compelling reason to upgrade.

Sincerely,
Professionally Paranoid Paddy
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 am

trikster_b wrote:I play with the 8 demo a few times here and there and I always wind up making something cool, but then I can't save since it's only a demo.

(psssstt... resample into another audio track, at least you'd have a mix down of your cool shit, or maybe do it loop by loop?)

btw, anyone think it's smart to make a backup Live set using my Live 8 Launchpad Edition? I know it'd be stripped down but I'm wondering if anyone has a simple backup set on there in case of something going wrong.

trikster_b

Post by trikster_b » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 am

outershpongolia wrote:
trikster_b wrote:I play with the 8 demo a few times here and there and I always wind up making something cool, but then I can't save since it's only a demo.

(psssstt... resample into another audio track, at least you'd have a mix down of your cool shit, or maybe do it loop by loop?)
But isn't saving and exporting disabled? Or is there another way to save it? It'd be cool to have a couple loops that sounded great, and have it laying around as an idea and I can just recreate it when I do buy 8.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:48 am

I don't have an APC40, so no reason to spend hours loading the 7.0.18 update and it's rock solid stable.

I am out of work at the mo, so it makes hanging onto 7 a reality, although when I beta tested 8, it was very buggy even at the release candidate for me. *TBH, L7 was almost as buggy and didn't become rock solid until a few revisions in*

Will wait for L9 now, by which time I should hopefully be back in work.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:57 am

8.1.1, it just wurks! :D
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:12 am

morbid wrote:air 7.0.3

no crashes here!

No really 6.0.11

don't lie....there is nothing long with breathing in a little FREE AIR....
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:17 am

ask AIR for technical support if you're using their stuff and it's not working for you....

and wait for the timebomb to go off - might not be today, tomorrow, this month or this year. It'll get ya eventually (probably during a gig). Mwahahahahahahahahah :twisted:
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 am

trikster_b wrote:
outershpongolia wrote:

But isn't saving and exporting disabled? Or is there another way to save it? It'd be cool to have a couple loops that sounded great, and have it laying around as an idea and I can just recreate it when I do buy 8.
You make a Resample track, record into that track, those .wav's are stored on your computer YOU JUST GOTA FIND THEM muahahahahahahahah :twisted: .. kidding, it's not hard. They're in a "Recorded" folder. but you really don't have to do the resampling if it's already a regular audio file/loop that isn't warped or processed in anyway.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 am

:evil: the evil is strong here :evil:

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:37 am

8.0.9 and fear to update
before next livegig is done

most time it crash at the moment
while switch patches with trilian f.E

often it crash when loading new project

BUT

if track is done (dont use bank/patch selects by midi-clip!!)
then it run like hell until i load my next project - crash

ok - we ping-pong on stage - so it will be no problem
BUT no update until next gig is done

morbid

Post by morbid » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 am

seriously though

I used to have 7.0.3 air - it worked great

I bought 6 off the back of using it - it works great

I have the fear about 8 as the demo doesnt like my machine at all - it dont work great

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 am

8.0.9 here with no crashes so far.

Lots of third party plugs with most of my action going down in the arrangement window. WinXP SP3.

wiffbi

Post by wiffbi » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:59 am

the_viirus wrote:4.1.4
+1 8O
rock solid and doesn't try to do to many things. The "live"-part ist all I need, although changing timesignature (and not so often tempo) in a scene is a feature that I sometimes miss in v4.

DRStudio

Post by DRStudio » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm

8.0.9 on both my MBP (OSX 4.1.11) and my PC running Win XP3.

Using Reason 4 via Rewire on ~50% of my songs. Guitar Rig 4 is the only plugin i have. No crashes for me.