What version of Live are you all using?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hermanus

Re: What version of Live are you all using?

Post by Hermanus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm

ok dblue_Glitch 1.3.05 is working great both on 8 and 7

end of report :D

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 pm

8.1.1 I'm one of those ninnies who always uses the new one, hoping a minor glitch which I probably haven't experienced has been fixed. I don't know why. I read manuals too. :oops: Always keep the previous one on my hard drive, and have all updates since Live 7 on an external drive. Might have to stop this since I've recently started playing live.

On a side note, so many times I've read interviews with engineers or musicians who say something like "I'm still on Logic 7" or "Still using ProTools -5.01. Been meaning to install the latest version but I'm so busy working/pinching myself." They're making records while I'm making frappes for soccer moms, but I keep up to date with my plugins. So there's that.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:04 pm

MacBookPro, 10.6.2, APC40, Novation ReMOTE, Alesis I/O 26

After the betas kept grinding to a halt, I decided to do a clean install. Tried 8.1.6b again, still super slow and messy CPU behavior with lots of audio glitches. So I wen't back to 8.1.1 and feel a bit refreshed.

I've been using 3 Reaktor Plugs, "the Finger, BeatLookUp, and a synth "Concept X" along with an instance of FM8 and a few M4L devices. Seems to work pretty well. No more crackling when my MidiLoops go back to the beginning. I don't get any other audio glitches either, however I use repitch instead of complex.

su

Post by su » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:24 pm

8.1 on a Dell laptop running an Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM

Runs like a charm, no crashes.

groumpf

Post by groumpf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I'm not a heavy user, working with Zebra and Reason on 10.6.2, no problem.
Updates are not cheap and new functions are not mandatory. I still have to do with 6.
-- den makes music

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:28 pm

It's been very stable for me. I can force it to crash if I try to shut down Live too quickly after closing down a Rewired slave app, or try to load a plugin like TAL's Dub III, but that's about it.

This past weekend Live did crash when I deleted a track. It was a bit of a shock, and pissed me off over such a silly thing. Iirc it was an EMPTY track :lol:
I don't 'produce.' I write music.