programming a uc 33e?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slatepipe

programming a uc 33e?

Post by slatepipe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 pm

hi
i just got one of these and as ever i am trying to get my head around programming it but the manual is a bit complex for me - even the getting started one.

what i want to do - and i hope this is possible - is to be able to control the volume on all the tracks on my live set (which is 24 tracks at the moment. so i want to have maybe 3 preset setups on the uc33e so that i can get the faders to control the volume on tracks 1-8 on preset 1, then press preset 2 to switch to controlling the volume on tracks 9-16, preset 3 for tracks 17-24....the knobs will control the same things on every preset, its just the volume sliders that i want to switch between as i have plenty tracks.

is this possible (i think it is, but im not sure how yet) and can anyone point me in the right direction to get it sorted out?

many thanks
andy

myxomat0515

Re: programming a uc 33e?

Post by myxomat0515 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:27 pm

This is definitely possible. You can use the Enigma software to program the MIDI layout, but I prefer to do it by hand. Its not difficult. When you move a knob/slider or push a button, that control's current MIDI assignment will display on the LCD. Press the assign button to change it. Press the channel button to change the MIDI channel. Press the LSB/MSB buttons to assign the lowest and highest value sent for control numbers. Just remember that when saving your layout, press "Store" and then enter the preset number ON THE NUMPAD, not by pressing the preset button! Otherwise you'll lose everything. Enjoy! :D

caaflex

Post by caaflex » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

you can't only change the preset on just the faders. the whole controller will be on a different preset. so you will have to assign each knob to the same function as you scroll through your presets since they will have a different midi signature on each preset.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:33 pm

hey thanks for your quick reply. :D

are there specific cc numbers that i should assign to each fader or does it not matter what the numbers are as long as they are different?

thanks

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:35 pm

caaflex wrote:you can't only change the preset on just the faders. the whole controller will be on a different preset. so you will have to assign each knob to the same function as you scroll through your presets since they will have a different midi signature on each preset.
aye - i figured that may be the case. if i change presets then i have to assign the same values to each knob on the different preset to keep them the same right? or they'll end up different...i think(?)