Help Please, need to get this back!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
scottwallis

Help Please, need to get this back!!

Post by scottwallis » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I was working on a track, saved the latest as i was working, because i was going to try some new things and didnt want to lose my current progress. I went to re-open the project because i wasnt happy with the changes id made, and it has went back to a very early state of progress, and not the last save i did immediatly prior to making the major changes i ended up not happy with.

Is there a way to get my most recent saved work back? Ableton is still open and i have only tried once to load the project (which has loaded the very early version i started on), done nothing else because i need to get that last work back and dont want to completely lose it forever....

I Defo hit save (CNTRL + S, and watched the little astrix/star type thing appear in the top left corner beside the project name indicating it was saving my work)

Working on Live 8.11

Help please

Rave

Re: Help Please, need to get this back!!

Post by Rave » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:16 pm

search your drive you may have saved it in another folder.

BTW Why dont you use save as and rename each time e.g; song name - version 1, V2, V3 etc...

tis a much better and safer system.

scottwallis

Post by scottwallis » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Rave wrote:search your drive you may have saved it in another folder.

BTW Why dont you use save as and rename each time e.g; song name - version 1, V2, V3 etc...

tis a much better and safer system.
Yeah i do that, on this project i just used the quick save tho as it was still pretty early in development.

I will check my drive, cant have dissapeared surely.

scottwallis

Post by scottwallis » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Must be gone, when i go to open recent projects and loads what i named it as it loads my 1st save, and not the recent one...damnit!!

3phase

Post by 3phase » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 am

at least you know than that it must have been really good.. because the best things are not ment to be recorded...

ok..that dont helps... but its a standard in music production that is older than computer music... things like the tape has run out or the tracks wasnt armed ... or or... many possebilitys to lose a recording/file

Try to see it positive.. at least you had a moment of true inspiration...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,