collect all and save

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
maximlee

collect all and save

Post by maximlee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:15 pm

i do use ableton alot but never until now had to move a project to a different computer.... the problem i am having with collect all and save is when i check my file it does not reflect the size it should be with all the audio... im obviously over looking something.... its just that all the programs i used in past when u use collect all and save it attachs all samples to the file. does collect all and save only save the image of the audio and i have to put all samples in a separate folder...????

any info is very welcome

ShelLuser

Re: collect all and save

Post by ShelLuser » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:07 pm

What it does is collect all external files and copy them into your project folder. The .als file is not the full project; the actual project is the whole directory in which the .als file resides.

So when you have some samples you're working on and used 'collect all and save' you'll now have those samples inside the directory structure. Most likely under "Samples\Imported".

For more info on the subject check the option "Manage files" under the File menu.
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

maximlee

Post by maximlee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:00 pm

tahnks alot for reply

agent314

Post by agent314 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:23 pm

My workflow when moving between my Win7 desktop and laptop is just to save the file via the Homegroup onto the remote machine, then Collect All + Save from Ableton (assuming that all necessary folders are network-shared).

Everything gets popped over, and I'm good to go.