Live4+Acid5=solution for syncing video on a PC?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
johnp352

Live4+Acid5=solution for syncing video on a PC?

Post by johnp352 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:04 pm

As are a lot of others here, I have been looking for a simple program to use Live4 for scoring video..(on a PC, so ReVision is out). I took a look at the new ACID 5, and so far it looks like a simple, fairly inexpensive ($200 or so) solution-
so..
anyone here using Acid 5 to score video with Live as a Rewire slave- albeit with the problem of not being able to use vst's under Live as the slave, though you can now use them in Acid5.

Is this the solution for video with Live-without having to use PT? or am I missing something?

dominique

Re: Live4+Acid5=solution for syncing video on a PC?

Post by dominique » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:13 am

johnp352 wrote:so..
anyone here using Acid 5 to score video with Live as a Rewire slave- albeit with the problem of not being able to use vst's under Live as the slave, though you can now use them in Acid5.

Is this the solution for video with Live-without having to use PT? or am I missing something?
John,

I worked with this setup about a year ago on a short film project. I think I even posted some reports on this board at that time, just do a search.

At first I tried ReWire but due to the weak performance of my one computer I eventually spread the project across two computers via MIDI sync.

So to answer your question. Yes it can be done :-)

Good luck,

d.
Toshiba Satellite Notebook, P M 1.6GHz , 1GB, WindowsXP SP2, Echo Indigo I/O, RME Multiface, RME RPM, Midisport 2x2, Faderfox LV1
---

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:23 am

As I stated before Adobe Audition 1.5 can be used for this also.
Or of course Vegas (which IMHO) would be a better app the ACID for this very purpose for what it's worth.
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....