An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
tigali
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by tigali » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am

I'd also be interested in attending this. You gonna organise a charging station for everyones laptops out there?

heavensdaw
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: inbetween the inbetween

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 pm

tigali wrote:I'd also be interested in attending this. You gonna organise a charging station for everyones laptops out there?
There are all facilities here.. Toilets (compost), Shower, Electricity (domestic supply), Large (covered) BBQ area.. Parking for cars, campervans, tents.. Bar..

Everything is more or less prepared.. My only concerns are how many people realistically will come. The concern with that is purely regarding what to do about covered space for the workshops to take place.. Covered would be better/more comfortable. A marquee to hire is quite expensive.. And possibly some extra Portaloos. The other thing is how to pay for the extra things we would need ie.. Decent sound system, Lights, Ideally projection so the workshops can be very thorough. It would be nice to hire a super silent generator, Tables and chairs ect.. All the hire costs and locating of everything has already been done..

I'm not personally wanting to do this to make money.. (My missus and some friends would do the catering and run the bar)

It obviously needs to sponsored somehow... But if we can get enough numbers I don't see that it would be too expensive, if we just shared out the costs.. :?:

Ideas?

Hd

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by Rave » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Could you give us a ball park figure per person if say 50 people turned up to start with ?

tw1nstates
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 pm

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 pm

I'd be up for this.

Looks like fun.
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

funky shit
Posts: 3977
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Earth

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by funky shit » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:01 pm

my god this sounds awesome
Image

heavensdaw
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: inbetween the inbetween

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 am

Rave wrote:Could you give us a ball park figure per person if say 50 people turned up to start with ?
Yep.. I'll work on that today.. Maybe try and give at least a couple of options.. 1 luxury and 1 slightly more 'ferral'..

'Feedback' is what's required from the forum.. to give a clear idea how/what level to put this on.

Me? I just want to see it happen! :D

Back soon

Hd

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 am

Damn. I already had a German camping trip planned.

Image

Come hell or high water, there's no way I'll be missing Plastikman Live!

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by Rave » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 am

hoffman2k wrote:Damn. I already had a German camping trip planned.

Image

Come hell or high water, there's no way I'll be missing Plastikman Live!
What's stopping u. This one is in September. It would be quality if u could come.

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 am

Rave wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Damn. I already had a German camping trip planned.

Image

Come hell or high water, there's no way I'll be missing Plastikman Live!
What's stopping u. This one is in September. It would be quality if u could come.
Mostly funds. Usually I'm in Germany the first week of September because its my birthday and its the Green and Blue festival in Frankfurt. But 3 days at a SonneMondSterne and a trip to Copenhagen this summer will put a halt to that plan.
It'll have to be a last minute call on my end I think. But I got my own tent! :D

UKRuss
Posts: 5044
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by UKRuss » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 pm

I think I could well be up for this, fancy doing some live looping acoustitronica round the campfire lat evenings and that.

Could we all wear Ableton Tees with our forum names on the back?

funky shit
Posts: 3977
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Earth

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by funky shit » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 pm

UKRuss wrote:Could we all wear Ableton Tees with our forum names on the back?

this.
Image

zenke
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:38 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by zenke » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:29 pm

I would really be up for this. Your place looks amazing and sounds like it would be perfect. I would love to attend.
Thanks for the suggestion
z

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by Rave » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:10 pm

zenke wrote:I would really be up for this. Your place looks amazing and sounds like it would be perfect. I would love to attend.
Thanks for the suggestion
z

HD = quality bloke , we are very lucky he wants to host a meet. I couldn't trust a guy more :)

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by Rave » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
Rave wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:Damn. I already had a German camping trip planned.

Image

Come hell or high water, there's no way I'll be missing Plastikman Live!
What's stopping u. This one is in September. It would be quality if u could come.
Mostly funds. Usually I'm in Germany the first week of September because its my birthday and its the Green and Blue festival in Frankfurt. But 3 days at a SonneMondSterne and a trip to Copenhagen this summer will put a halt to that plan.
It'll have to be a last minute call on my end I think. But I got my own tent! :D
Fingers crossed :)

heavensdaw
Posts: 1825
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: inbetween the inbetween

Re: An (Un) Official Ableton Live Camp

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Rave wrote:
zenke wrote:I would really be up for this. Your place looks amazing and sounds like it would be perfect. I would love to attend.
Thanks for the suggestion
z

HD = quality bloke , we are very lucky he wants to host a meet. I couldn't trust a guy more :)
Aw Thanks mate!

This is a really beautiful space.. It will be great having you all here! :D

I'm gonna post up some numbers later tonight..

Back to the footy :oops: :twisted:

Hd

Post Reply