LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tschunto

Re: LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Post by tschunto » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 pm

hi dear st8

just bought an ipad. can you tell me how i can customize your livecontrol.

do i have enough with the touchosc editor or do i need also osculator? i am totaly new to this matter!

i can open the project on the touchosc editor but i can not jump to another page i am still stocked on the first page

how can i switch to other pages 2,3,4,5, etc?

kind regrads and many thanx

tschunto

hgt

Post by hgt » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 pm

try clicking the corner of the page selecta not the center.
when you move or stretch stuff you have to copy items names along with it: e.g. 1nav2, label5, 2nlabel4...
otherwise there will be wrong function on modified buttons.
you need touch osc editor only.
gee hgt

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 am

hey, I just bought my Ipad and tried to connect livecontrol and my macbook pro on USB port , it's working great, u just need to jailbreak your ipad and install "mywi" app :-)

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Got my ipad this week. 1st thought. YAY TouchOSC. Second thought. YAY LiveControl.

Installed both. LiveControl works fine for firing clips and controlling devices. But every time I try to use the sequencer, within 60 seconds it crashes live. Live just goes "poof" and is gone. Mac OSX 10.6 with Live 8.1.4.

:-(

Worried about ever using this on stage. Maybe I will play with everything BUT the sequencer to make sure that's the only thing causing an issue.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

ST8

Post by ST8 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:08 pm

tempus3r wrote:Got my ipad this week. 1st thought. YAY TouchOSC. Second thought. YAY LiveControl.

Installed both. LiveControl works fine for firing clips and controlling devices. But every time I try to use the sequencer, within 60 seconds it crashes live. Live just goes "poof" and is gone. Mac OSX 10.6 with Live 8.1.4.

Worried about ever using this on stage. Maybe I will play with everything BUT the sequencer to make sure that's the only thing causing an issue.
Hmm sequencer is working ok for me in 8.1.4. Is this even with a new blank set?
I'm still only on 10.5.8, must upgrade!

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:16 pm

ST8 wrote:
tempus3r wrote:Got my ipad this week. 1st thought. YAY TouchOSC. Second thought. YAY LiveControl.

Yep. Blank set. Drag a drum rack to midi channel. I then drag operator on to a cell in it. then start making pattern on LiveControl. Then after 30 seconds or so... poof. no ableton. Happens very reliably. Maybe it is a 10.6 thing.

Curious to know if anyone else running OSX 10.6 has had issues with the sequencer.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 pm

working ok for me too.. maybe try to re-install livecontrol..

ST8 what are your plan for the next update ? :)

ST8

Post by ST8 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:47 pm

tempus3r wrote:
ST8 wrote:

Yep. Blank set. Drag a drum rack to midi channel. I then drag operator on to a cell in it. then start making pattern on LiveControl. Then after 30 seconds or so... poof. no ableton. Happens very reliably. Maybe it is a 10.6 thing.

Curious to know if anyone else running OSX 10.6 has had issues with the sequencer.
Can you enable debugging, start the log server then start live. Email me any error messages in the error console. Cheers
nasedo wrote:working ok for me too.. maybe try to re-install livecontrol..

ST8 what are your plan for the next update ? :)
Clip launcher with colours (well some, touchosc only has 6) and different colours for playing etc. Also added a scroll bar to go up/down scenes and left/right on tracks. Should make it easier to jump about the set. Not sure what else really, im open to suggestions :)

Bit hectic here at the moment so im not quite sure when the next release will be out :)

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Do u know if it's possible when you work with a rack instrument like battery kit, to control each parameter separately ? if I open a 808 kit, in touchosc only the main track appears , I'd like to control bassdrum, snare drum, hh clap parameter separately :)

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:27 pm

ST8 wrote:Clip launcher with colours (well some, touchosc only has 6) and different colours for playing etc. Also added a scroll bar to go up/down scenes and left/right on tracks. Should make it easier to jump about the set. Not sure what else really, im open to suggestions :)
Great! Cant wait. :)

Is anybody running it "ad-hoc"? (computer to computer, without external wifi router)
I found a nice guide on how to set it up Here

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:00 pm

mine is connected with USB , (u need to jailbreak your ipad and install mywi for that) stability is really better than a adhoc connection :)

Taylor Barclay

Post by Taylor Barclay » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 am

Everything works great on my iPod Touch 3G!

My Wi-Fi speed isn't all that great though so the responsiveness is limited to only triggering clips. Can a USB cable be used with the iPod to improve latency?

That's probably been asked already but maybe someone will humor the question :).

nasedo

Post by nasedo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:36 am

you have to jailbreak your ipod , then install "mywi" to use USB mode.

here is how to do that : http://www.osculator.net/2010/07/19/osc ... onnection/

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:03 am

I want to attach it to my midi guitar, so ad hoc is whats for me.

db120

Post by db120 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:55 am

It's not coming up in search so I'm not sure if it's been answered... but is it possible to use an iphone and ipad at the same time? thanks