LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
delicioso

Re: LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Post by delicioso » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Yup. It's much more than a keystroke mapping app. You can automate practically everything about your system (like if you rewire an app with Live, you can have that app launch right after Live launches, for example) and any menu on any app, even mouse clicks. And since it supports midi as well this means you can map midi controls to trigger menu items without shortcuts and even context menu items (freeze, flatten, crop, split, slice to midi, back to arrangement...etc.) It has a very deep set of features yet super intuitive to use.

hgt

Post by hgt » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 pm

hi st8!

1 think missing: show/hide plugin window(alt+cmd+p) shortcut. how can i add a button for that?
best,
george
gee hgt

zerogeek

Post by zerogeek » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 am

I have been looking at this project recently and it rocks, but I just got a tweet from 'jonmargulies' (http://www.heatercore.net/livetipslist.html) about a new iPad controller due soon for Ableton.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about the video and how it compares to this project!

http://www.touch-able.com/Site/touchable.html

Monaco Rob

Post by Monaco Rob » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm

hmmm touchable seems not to have an integrated sequencer. moreover i personally definitely prefer the look of livecontrol.

but anyway: i'm facing a new problem: "Livecontrol" is not listed in live 8.1.4 devices anymore.
I'm not sure why - I've upgraded both live and touchosc and repeated all installation procedures.
i had no issues with this in prior installations...
anybody has an idea?

THX in advance, Robert

ST8

Post by ST8 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Monaco Rob wrote:hmmm touchable seems not to have an integrated sequencer. moreover i personally definitely prefer the look of livecontrol.

but anyway: i'm facing a new problem: "Livecontrol" is not listed in live 8.1.4 devices anymore.
I'm not sure why - I've upgraded both live and touchosc and repeated all installation procedures.
anybody has an idea?

THX in advance, Robert
hmm that is more than likely a permissions issue. Try installing LiveControl to a random directory, then copy the resulting LiveControl folder to Live x.x.x/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts

not quite sure how to get round this permissions issue at the moment. Can you run the LiveControl.app as administrator?

7G

Post by 7G » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:59 am

I think the most common problem windows users encounter is that administration thing...They think they are administrators but in fact they aren't.I suggest a little bit of googling on this matter

exper

Post by exper » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:18 am

ST8,

I just got the new update for TouchOSC the other day. Is it true that colors can be set by OSC commands now? How much work would it be to make clip colors match now?

What you have done is amazing. Thanks for your effort!

ST8

Post by ST8 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 am

exper wrote:ST8,

I just got the new update for TouchOSC the other day. Is it true that colors can be set by OSC commands now? How much work would it be to make clip colors match now?

ive almost finished this, was waiting for the TouchOSC update to be released, wasnt aware it was already out!

exper

Post by exper » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 am

ST8 wrote:
exper wrote:ST8,

ive almost finished this, was waiting for the TouchOSC update to be released, wasnt aware it was already out!

8O

I expected you to say that it would be a complete re-write or months away! Thanks!

fx23

Post by fx23 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

hey ST8, iknow you must have lot of work on your baby :)
im finishing soon V2 of mine. and i have to thank you once more for your help and share.
now i hope abes will consider lot of people are interested in what would allow Osc,
till then you're still my savior, i count on you !:

just wanted to know if by chance you get a bit of time to improve liveOsc,
you once spoke me about some weird parts concerning big livesets,
im a bit curious...did ya made some change since?
are still the latest updates on your website? will you keep on providing liveosc too?

also sooo hope i could get/set midi datas of clip with liveOsc in usine, i tried but failed,
don't have your python knowleadge. usine scripting/patching side is now piece of cake for me but im still
fighting with api and python.arf
who knows if you got some time .. ;)
anyway keep the great job'
see ya'

Monaco Rob

Post by Monaco Rob » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:37 am

ST8 wrote:
Monaco Rob wrote:hmmm touchable seems not to have an integrated sequencer. moreover i personally definitely prefer the look of livecontrol.

anybody has an idea?

THX in advance, Robert
hmm that is more than likely a permissions issue. Try installing LiveControl to a random directory, then copy the resulting LiveControl folder to Live x.x.x/Live.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts

not quite sure how to get round this permissions issue at the moment. Can you run the LiveControl.app as administrator?

Hi ST8,

exactly that was the problem! Now it's working....You're the man! THX!c

cheers, Rob

Mudo

Post by Mudo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:59 am

Hi ST8,

Octinct Wiki is already!

http://hangar.org/wikis/lab/doku.php?id=start:octint

Enjoy and give some feedback please!

;)

hgt

Post by hgt » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:42 am

hgt wrote:hi st8!

1 think missing: show/hide plugin window(alt+cmd+p) shortcut. how can i add a button for that?
best,
george

maybe i m too stupid and its very easy or allready there?
i'd really like to have this function in livecontrol.
cheers,
g.
gee hgt

ST8

Post by ST8 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:53 am

hgt wrote:
hgt wrote:hi st8!

best,
george

maybe i m too stupid and its very easy or allready there?
i'd really like to have this function in livecontrol.
cheers,
g.
not sure thats possible with the liveapi at the moment! sorry :(

Mudo

Post by Mudo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Maybe a keystroke? Could max send keycommands inside LiveApi or Bome?