Wow, a PRO-OT post!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Benshik

Wow, a PRO-OT post!

Post by Benshik » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:33 pm

I read lots of smart and interesting things here and it would be a shame to restrict the forum. I mean, it's really nice to see there is some kinda Live community emerging and sharing ideas...

Also, lots of the supposedly "music" threads here end up being more like "buying advices". Nothing bad in that, that's also important... But for those like me who right now have got their toys and who already figured out how to use Live, is it possible to come here for other reasons???

This forum is not only a consumer club!!!!!
This forum is not only a place to advertise your new remix!!!!

I don't criticise that, I just believe it should be open to more!!!!!

Thanks Ableton for understanding that.
In marketing terms that's the right attitude. It extends your brand values and helps create a loyal community.
That's how you build and garanty your future.

Could your marketing director come down here and remind the whiners who want to ban non-music related posts that all companies in the world must have wide open eyes in order to survive ;-)
And we all want Ableton to survive and progress right? ;)
Why do you think Coca Cola organizes clubs, events, festivals, sport competions that are not stricktly talking about fucking soft drinks????

So let the freedom alive, because that's what Ableton Live is about!!!!

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:03 pm

"restricting"?

organising is the key word.

if you were in the studio, and a friend had a portable cd player playing awful pop or country music in short bursts every 2 minutes for 50 seconds at a time while you try to produce your next awesome track would you want to tell him to go and play his pop music in the other room?

isn't he allowed to express his love for pop or country music?

what about if you're on the bus and 3 out of 30 people suddenly got into a loud conversation about fucking each other's mums and the pleasure it brings them and they have arguments, wouldn't it be better if they left those conversations to the privacy of their own company in their own homes?

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a politics section. It would give people like you, who have mastered live and your gear to chat it up with people who also like discussing politics. It is a big subject and isn't everyone's cup of tea either but many people would partake in political conversations and posts if there was a politics section no?

nobody wants to ban non music related posts, I hope this is putting things in perspective...