How Best to work...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phill

How Best to work...

Post by phill » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:09 pm

I have been a dabbler in Live since early 3.0 days, Got the Delta version with my 410 and have just bought Live 4.0. I come from the Little Church Traktor and want to expand the DJ sets / Re-Edits using Live way more than I do now.

I got the Live 2 Power Book which has been a real help and have a few of the basics down pretty well, But I have a couple of questions that may be as much personal preference as they are efficiency issues.

I've just started re-editing / remixing a track right now and I'm picking some core loops from the original track(s) but I find it a little awkward working with such long clips. So the first question is when you work do you Chunk up rough cuts of the pieces you plan to use and save these smaller pieces as seperate WAVs outside of Live or is this just the way Live works? I'm used to Acide 4.0 Pro so it may just be a matter of getting use to the different interface.

Is it possible after setting clip boundaries in a clip slot (track) and adding needed Warp Marker to then save off just the Clip region as a new seperate WAV file while working in a composition? I've looked briefly but don't see any intuitive method for doing this?

Thanks,
Phil

supster

Post by supster » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:39 pm

If your track on the arrange view, loop off the area that you want looped in the Clip view, then press CTRL - J. This consolides the loop to a small wav, puts a copy in your Sounds folder.

phill

Post by phill » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:40 pm

supster wrote:If your track on the arrange view, loop off the area that you want looped in the Clip view, then press CTRL - J. This consolides the loop to a small wav, puts a copy in your Sounds folder.
Sweeettt!!! Thanks, I'll give it a try...

Phil