[SOLD] Jazzmutant Lemur for SALE!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
humnumb

Re: Jazzmutant Lemur for SALE!!

Post by humnumb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 pm

gomi wrote:touchosc is merely a click and go midi controller that requires you to purchase osculator to work with most apps.
Actually the LiveOSC script just needs TouchOSC. No OSCulator or any mapping needed. It's all automatic. And don't worry, there's plenty of such solutions coming out on the iPad like there's no tomorrow.

gomi

Post by gomi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 pm

humnumb wrote:
gomi wrote:touchosc is merely a click and go midi controller that requires you to purchase osculator to work with most apps.
Actually the LiveOSC script just needs TouchOSC. No OSCulator or any mapping needed. It's all automatic. And don't worry, there's plenty of such solutions coming out on the iPad like there's no tomorrow.
i dont doubt this.

if anything even CLOSE to Mu becomes available on the ipad I will get one.

but until then, Lemur it is.

Z3NO

Post by Z3NO » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Yet another iPad vs Lemur thread. Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwn!!!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Besides the usual whispy-eyed bromance nostalgia for a 5 year old touchscreen device, coupled with the misguided love for a Euro startup, what exactly will the Lemur offer that the iPad/HP Slate/Insert touchscreen product of your choice won't be able to offer with the right app(s)? I'm genuinely curious.

And don't say 'build quality' or I will fucking scream.

:?:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

gomi

Post by gomi » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Besides the usual whispy-eyed bromance nostalgia for a 5 year old touchscreen device, coupled with the misguided love for a Euro startup, what exactly will the Lemur offer that the iPad/HP Slate/Insert touchscreen product of your choice won't be able to offer with the right app(s)? I'm genuinely curious.

the fact that i already own one, and don't need to purchase an iPad for a start.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:53 pm

gomi wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Besides the usual whispy-eyed bromance nostalgia for a 5 year old touchscreen device, coupled with the misguided love for a Euro startup, what exactly will the Lemur offer that the iPad/HP Slate/Insert touchscreen product of your choice won't be able to offer with the right app(s)? I'm genuinely curious.

the fact that i already own one, and don't need to purchase an iPad for a start.
Okay. That's valid. :lol:

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 pm

if I go to a show and see 4 or 5 guys raising the roof with one hand while holding ipads in the other I'm going to fuckin scream

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm

starving student wrote:if I go to a show and see 4 or 5 guys raising the roof with one hand while holding ipads in the other I'm going to fuckin scream

with delight?

What if they're holding HP Slates?

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:24 pm

they better be holding up bottles of windex too :lol:

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 pm

gomi wrote:if anything even CLOSE to Mu becomes available on the ipad I will get one.
LiveOSC for TouhcOSC is already pretty close to Mu. And Mu requires M4L which is another $300.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 pm

humnumb wrote:
gomi wrote:if anything even CLOSE to Mu becomes available on the ipad I will get one.
LiveOSC for TouhcOSC is already pretty close to Mu. And Mu requires M4L which is another $300.
they're close to Mu? I read that Mu autoconfigures itself, all you need to do is drop it on a midi track and boom, done. does TouchOSC do that?

I'm convinced by hoffman2k's advice on the slow reaction speed of the iPad, maybe Gen2 will be better.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 pm

This new iPad app comes fully automapped. Very cool. :)

And this is just the beginning, I'm sure.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140282

And I believe a few testers have reported no noticeable latency. In fact, when I used to use the iTouchMidi apps on my iPhone there was also no noticeable latency.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I'm convinced by hoffman2k's advice on the slow reaction speed of the iPad, maybe Gen2 will be better.
??? All the first-hand reports I'm getting about the iPad is about how fast it is. Anyway, the iPad is not a 1st gen device. It's Apple's 4th gen touchscreen device, and faster than ever before with a bigger screen.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

humnumb wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I'm convinced by hoffman2k's advice on the slow reaction speed of the iPad, maybe Gen2 will be better.
??? All the first-hand reports I'm getting about the iPad is about how fast it is. Anyway, the iPad is not a 1st gen device. It's Apple's 4th gen touchscreen device, and faster than ever before with a bigger screen.
I'll definitely keep an open mind, never underestimate what the codegeeks can pull off.

with all the fanboy bullshit going on with this thing it's easy to overestimate it. it is not a revolutionary new computing device, it's a toy. funny how most reviews are giving two reviews, one for the Luddites, one for the techies. Apple taking advantage of their windowlicking user base.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Tone Deft wrote:it is not a revolutionary new computing device, it's a toy.
It's a toy to you but people with enough imagination and creativity are already making amazing stuff with it.