Sasha - Involver Opinion

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

What did you think of Sasha - Involver?

Best I've heard Yet!!! Extraordinary Work!!!
11%
Great!! Very Good!!
46%
Could be Better.
3%
Piss Poor.
23%
Saswha???
17%

Total votes: 35

solutionsagent

Sasha - Involver Opinion

Post by solutionsagent » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:06 am

What did you guys think of Sasha Involver created with Live?
SolutionsAgent

phigs

delicioso

Post by phigs » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:58 am

thought it plenty tasty, it gets plenty of play in this shack.Up loud in the kitchen, great for cooking. Has what i 'd call a deliciously sinewy nature runnin up thru the mojo floorboards ....twists and writhes like the finest Vino and Spaggethi . hows about you?

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:27 am

All in all good album, well thought through, and some pretty creative remixes going on there. Positive thing is seems to be more substance than style, which is a good thing.

futureproof

Post by futureproof » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:59 am

here's a great site ....check it out!

www.sashasnutthuggers.com
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.

stallos

Post by stallos » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:23 am

I like the album very much.
Theres a good range of tunes on there and it flows together nicely.

The mixes of spooky, lostep and ulrich schnauss are top drawer.
If I could level a criticism at it, it would be on the selection of the Felix Da Housecat track. Personally I think this track is out of place on the album and doesnt really fit the atmosphere and ambience of the album.

I heard there were originally 15 songs for the album and I reckon one of the 5 dropped might have been a better choice to lead into that beautiful mix of Ulrich Schnauss. Just my opinion though... Be interested to know what those other tracks were, am sure they will probably be released at some point in the future.

By far the best part of sasha's music is the availability of his samples. He offered a load of involver sounds to download to remix with aswell as the complete sample library of his artist album Airdrawndagger. Decent quality files too, pretty generous I think.

All in all though a very solid release from sasha.

Moonburnt

Post by Moonburnt » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:51 am

Am digging the album, it's a nice mix and it has Sasha's stamp all over it - fave track would probably be the Grand National one.

rEalm

Post by rEalm » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:22 pm

I agree on that Felix The House Cat track, it's good, but doesn't fit with the rest of the album at all IMO.

solutionsagent

Re: delicioso

Post by solutionsagent » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:28 pm

phigs wrote:thought it plenty tasty, it gets plenty of play in this shack.Up loud in the kitchen, great for cooking. Has what i 'd call a deliciously sinewy nature runnin up thru the mojo floorboards ....twists and writhes like the finest Vino and Spaggethi . hows about you?
I never thought Sasha was good, maybe I never heard any good tracks, I always thought Paul Oakenfold was the best, I think Sasha just took him out with the help of Live.
SolutionsAgent

sqook

Post by sqook » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:19 pm

stallos wrote:I like the album very much.
Theres a good range of tunes on there and it flows together nicely.

The mixes of spooky, lostep and ulrich schnauss are top drawer.
If I could level a criticism at it, it would be on the selection of the Felix Da Housecat track. Personally I think this track is out of place on the album and doesnt really fit the atmosphere and ambience of the album.
The Ulrich track made my day. I love that guy's work... he has such a good ear for sound, and his samples are so unique and clean. I was pleased to see that a track of his would be featured on this mix and hopefully earn him a bit more recognition...

epilacs

Post by epilacs » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:06 pm

whats up with all the sasha posts lately?

edit:
and is this the same as sasha digweed
Last edited by epilacs on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anarchicluv

Post by anarchicluv » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:15 pm

I absolutely love this album. I consider it my top fave album of the year. Brilliant work with Live, and the track selection is superb (yes, even the Felix track, which I think fits in very nicely for my ear).

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:21 pm

sorry, i think Sasha seriously sucks as bad as oakenfold does.

spiderprod

Post by spiderprod » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:49 am

i really don't like what he does , the last sasha cd i bought from virgin was so crap that i returned it the next day . £15 for the cd was a fucking rip off considering the quality of the music .
i am still pissed of about buying the crap & honestly even if i book the guy sometimes to bring a few more peoples.
i think what he plays sometimes is really good but his own music is a big pile of shit .that cd was a bid disapointment considering what the guy can do to a crowd.

dCross

Post by dCross » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:01 am

spiderprod wrote:i really don't like what he does , the last sasha cd i bought from virgin was so crap that i returned it the next day . £15 for the cd was a fucking rip off considering the quality of the music .
i am still pissed of about buying the crap & honestly even if i book the guy sometimes to bring a few more peoples.
i think what he plays sometimes is really good but his own music is a big pile of shit .that cd was a bid disapointment considering what the guy can do to a crowd.
mind telling us exactly what CD it was?

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:09 am

drc24 wrote:
spiderprod wrote:i really don't like what he does , the last sasha cd i bought from virgin was so crap that i returned it the next day . £15 for the cd was a fucking rip off considering the quality of the music .
mind telling us exactly what CD it was?
Probably Airdrawndagger, that one wasn't exactly a testament to musical genius.