All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:27 pm 

It's not fake. One of the things that Maschine does that not many people know about is that you can use it as a multi-effects step sequencer like Sugar Bytes Effectrix or Glitch:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=124999

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:58 pm 

While I was aware of outsourcing your effects to another group, I never thought to use that for live glitching. This is awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:51 am 

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:
BTW, I'm drunk.

Cheers indeed! :D

Well, thanks to you and Maschine I decided to grab a Grolsch myself as well. And another. And while I was working on my new arpeggiator M4L patch another 2.

SO thank you pal! :mrgreen:

Now I'm starting to get second thoughts about this Maschine.. Drinking to forget huh ? :twisted:

Seriously though (slightly); I have to say being surprised here.. Before I placed the order I checked the manual quite a few times (probably have missed some stuff though) yet it seems that even between the time of purchase and (hopefully) soon to come time of delivery they already managed to enhance the functionality.

Amazing...

SO, to keep ontopic a bit.. You guys often drum on several pads with one hand?

I started messing with 2 on 2 today and noticed that my second hit didn't always hit the mark so to speak. Which looked kinda odd at times.

EDIT: On my mpd24 at the time, not a Maschine. Still waiting for that to arrive :?

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Blog: SynthFan.info.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:33 am 

i was a little intimidated by this thing when i first came across it. was just about to drop $1500 on a machinedrum. i think i might save myself $1000 and get on board with the maschine. sounds too good to be true 8O

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:11 pm 

yup yup wrote:
i was a little intimidated by this thing when i first came across it. was just about to drop $1500 on a machinedrum. i think i might save myself $1000 and get on board with the maschine. sounds too good to be true 8O

My exact intentions...But I also used an Akai as a main machine in the past. Getting Maschine is like woking on a Akai again but on steroids. Totally changed my work flow. I use Maschine in standalone & have Live slaved to it. Better control over Maschine this way rather it running as a plugin IMOH. Do it---You will not be dissapointed. But make sure you get the FULL version & not a EDU version in case it isn't your thing. You can resale a FULL version license from Native Instruments but not a EDU. It's a gamble because you find EDU versions cheap online & some retailers doesn't require proof of being in school etc. (i.e. E-Bay) 8)

Soundcloud | Facebook | Website

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 pm 

squelcht wrote:
yup yup wrote:

My exact intentions...But I also used an Akai as a main machine in the past. Getting Maschine is like woking on a Akai again but on steroids. Totally changed my work flow. I use Maschine in standalone & have Live slaved to it. Better control over Maschine this way rather it running as a plugin IMOH. Do it---You will not be dissapointed. But make sure you get the FULL version & not a EDU version in case it isn't your thing. You can resale a FULL version license from Native Instruments but not a EDU. It's a gamble because you find EDU versions cheap online & some retailers doesn't require proof of being in school etc. (i.e. E-Bay) 8)

how do achieve the sync?
i prefer maschine stand alone with audio piped into live via soundflower but midi sync is so far hopeless, it doesn't even get close to being in time.

what are your midi sync settings?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:33 pm 

I've used Maschine's own virtual output and Maschine as master while in standalone. Worked fine for me for both Live, Renoise, and Logic this way. But a lot of times I don't even sync. Just set the same tempo and drag and drop. I've found that I like working on Maschine by itself and then moving over to Logic to finish up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 pm 

phil909 wrote:
squelcht wrote:
yup yup wrote:

how do achieve the sync?
i prefer maschine stand alone with audio piped into live via soundflower but midi sync is so far hopeless, it doesn't even get close to being in time.

what are your midi sync settings?

I use the Maschine Virtual Input/Outputs. Machine is sending a Virtual Output to Live. Within Live I turn on the MIDI inputs from Maschine Virtual in the MIDI Port selection. In Live make sure the top left hand EXT button is on (to receive a MIDI clock) Press play on Maschine & Live should start playing---Press stop & Live will stop 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 am 

delicioso wrote:
It's not fake. One of the things that Maschine does that not many people know about is that you can use it as a multi-effects step sequencer like Sugar Bytes Effectrix or Glitch:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=124999

Thanks a lot for this info. Gonna try it during holidays! :)

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:43 pm 

I use the Maschine Virtual Input/Outputs. Machine is sending a Virtual Output to Live. Within Live I turn on the MIDI inputs from Maschine Virtual in the MIDI Port selection. In Live make sure the top left hand EXT button is on (to receive a MIDI clock) Press play on Maschine & Live should start playing---Press stop & Live will stop

thanks for your reply.
i'll try again tonight, i'm pretty sure this is what i tried and it wouldn't sync.

how tight is the sync? good enough to be able to use audio loops in live that keep time with the maschine audio?

i've been able to get maschine standalone to start & stop ableton (and move the song position with the < > buttons on the maschine controller) but the sync drifts completely out of time and unstable.

i suspect my settings might be slightly wrong - is there any chance you could post up a screen grab of your audio/midi settings in ableton (and machine)?

maschine & soundflower are great together, i just want to get the midi synced!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:09 pm 

phil909 wrote:
i've been able to get maschine standalone to start & stop ableton (and move the song position with the < > buttons on the maschine controller) but the sync drifts completely out of time and unstable.

i suspect my settings might be slightly wrong - is there any chance you could post up a screen grab of your audio/midi settings in ableton (and machine)?

Your issue is probably soundflower instead of midi sync. I don't use soundflower because of the slight delay it introduces.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:05 pm 

delicioso wrote:
phil909 wrote:

Your issue is probably soundflower instead of midi sync. I don't use soundflower because of the slight delay it introduces.

it's definitely not a purely soundflower issue - although thanks for the tip about the slight delay.
i guess i can compensate for this by nudging the tracks in ableton back a bit.
the sync just doesn't get close to a steady lock, it jumps up & down by +/- 30bpm. i don't think i have my prefs set correctly.
i'll have another look at it as soon as i can - i have a heavily pregnant wife so quality maschine time is fairly limited at the moment!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 am 

I had issues with Soundflower personally. I use JackOS for Mac. Fucking BOSS.
http://www.jackosx.com/

If my tempo is set on Maschine to 120 my Live clock jumps around from 119.-- to 120.-- to 121.--
Its really fucked up but in all honesty it doesn't affect it in a bad manner. Fire the metronomes up on both units and they sync perfectly. Everything syncs just fine. I will take a look at my preferences later & see if I have anything setup different than what I told you already.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:47 pm 

Hey guys!

I'm considering getting a maschine but have
A question.

In terms of quality of sample sound how does maschine
Compare to a hardware sampler such as
A sp303?

My idea was to run a sampler through some old anlogue
Pedals and get a dusty portishead style sample sound.

Would machine be able to provide the sample sound I'm after?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:41 pm 

squeaky dan wrote:
Hey guys!

I'm considering getting a maschine but have
A question.

In terms of quality of sample sound how does maschine
Compare to a hardware sampler such as
A sp303?

My idea was to run a sampler through some old anlogue
Pedals and get a dusty portishead style sample sound.

Would machine be able to provide the sample sound I'm after?

I like the library. 700 kicks, lots of other stuff. Off course I would like even more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 812 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 55  Next