The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Semuta

Re: The Maschine & Ableton Love Thread ;) [upon user request]

Post by Semuta » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Here's a fun one from someone who has both maschine and push...

Set up two midi tracks.
Place Maschine on one track, load a kit, set the sounds (not scenes) to midi notes, and note the root note of the kit.
Place a drum rack (empty or whatever) in the other midi track.
For the track with Maschine, under input, select the other track with the drum rack (pre fx) and monitor "in"
Navigate to the track with the drum rack, transpose the drum grid so that it starts at the appropriate note and...

Enjoy sequencing Maschine with Ableton native clips and the (I think) awesome step sequencing solution in Push!!

S
http://www.semuta.com
Ableton Suite 9 : Push : Maschine : Komplete 8 Ultimate : Sugar Bundle : Diva

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 am

I have both but for now I really enjoy using the Maschine Mk2 over Push. I also believe that as Push gets updates it is going be one massively integrated controller with Live.

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 am

Semuta wrote:Here's a fun one from someone who has both maschine and push...

Set up two midi tracks.
Place Maschine on one track, load a kit, set the sounds (not scenes) to midi notes, and note the root note of the kit.
For the track with Maschine, under input, select the other track with the drum rack (pre fx) and monitor "in"
Navigate to the track with the drum rack, transpose the drum grid so that it starts at the appropriate note and...

Enjoy sequencing Maschine with Ableton native clips and the (I think) awesome step sequencing solution in Push!!

S
Thats how I want to use PUSH with Maschine (when I get one). That way all the sequencing can be done in Ableton but control of slicing and resampling and Komplete can be done in Maschine. Nice! Best of both worlds!

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:38 am

What have you done Humnumb??? First we had a Push vs. Maschine thread. Then Push threads overrun with Maschine talk. And now this Maschine thread with everybody talking Push. Push and Maschine are starting to look like one of those rivalries that spin so out of control that it ends up becoming homoerotic. Now I need to get a Maschine so it can make sweet love with my Push. WTF.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 am

Why do you need a Push for this? Maybe a Launchpad + L9?
cyclicAMP wrote:
Semuta wrote:Here's a fun one from someone who has both maschine and push...

Set up two midi tracks.

S
Thats how I want to use PUSH with Maschine (when I get one). That way all the sequencing can be done in Ableton but control of slicing and resampling and Komplete can be done in Maschine. Nice! Best of both worlds!

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 am

Buleriachk wrote:Why do you need a Push for this? Maybe a Launchpad + L9?
Have a look at LPC Ditto if you already have a Launchpad.