MASCHINE 1.5 UPDATE IS OUT!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phil909

Re: MASCHINE 1.5 UPDATE IS OUT!!!!!

Post by phil909 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 am

distaudio wrote:Is MASCHINE useful for anything apart from "making beats"?

I'm trying to catergorise this by using a genre of music, but I fear I would start a genre war of some sort.

I guess, I mean, is it useful for things other than "Fundamental electronic music"?

1. yes

2. why? would you categorize logic / sonar / cubase in the same way? maschine a software sequencer with fully integrated hardware.
what you make with it is up to you, your imagination and your talent.

3. see point 2.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 am

squelcht wrote:Thank you Maschibleton! :mrgreen:
Maschibleton! totally f*cking wicked!

that is what it is, a dream marriage.

please ableton get your act together (fast!) it can only get better. and will bring all the music making fun in the world back.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 am

john doe by choice wrote:Does anybody here use it live?
extensively, apart from the fact that maschine integrates super well with all other existing audio software, ableton and maschine is the top dream combo!
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 am

ekwipt wrote:Oh and hurry up integrating Maschine into Traktor Pro and Visa versa
it already does, or do you mean switching between traktor and maschine itself (the sequencer) in a dj set with traktor?

ohh... i think you just made me wee a little.

you just need a multiple out soundcard with midi (like the audio dj8 card), then you are good to go... wee, wee... :D

i love my trusty scratchamp2, but i think an audio dj8 card is next on the list for exactly that... uh, ah, yeah! baby!!

oh well sorry it is possible on OSX, with windows you need 2 computers for that. :mrgreen:
Last edited by SubFunk on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
*** Image GAFM ***

doremifa

Post by doremifa » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 am

Man, I look at this and start hating fxPansion, which Guru 1.something is already 4 years old!!! And no radical changes, just misc. Where the fuck is version 2?

Spectrumdisco

Post by Spectrumdisco » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 am

will now be seriously considering getting it

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 am

Dunno, I checked this thread out after reading the other maschine one... looked at a bunch of NI's new 1.5 promo video's, and again it's just dudes slicing up others peoples music onto 16 pads so they can tap it in time. Want to love it, but just totally wouldn't work into my flow.

supamonsta

Post by supamonsta » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 am

again it's just dudes slicing up others peoples music onto 16 pads so they can tap it in time.
:lol:

there are really too much hiphop slicing "tutorial" or demo vids for the maschine, guess that's because
1) maschine has first seduced the most people in the hip hop community (MPC style), then the vast majority of maschine users, for now, may be hip hip style
2) house, electro, techno, and other genres may become more and more represented in themaschine users crowd, but for now we are the minority, and we may not be as proud of being "producers" to record in a new video each great discovery or tip we make with our new flashy toy ;)

But again, don't stick on these vids, they don't show how great the maschine can be for an abletonian...

I'm in love with my maschine, AND I NEVER USED THE SAMPLE/SLICE OPTION, that is to say that sampling/slicing is NOT the core of maschine, mate, it's just an option (and a great one, BTW).

cheers

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 am

timothyallan wrote:Dunno, I checked this thread out after reading the other maschine one... looked at a bunch of NI's new 1.5 promo video's, and again it's just dudes slicing up others peoples music onto 16 pads so they can tap it in time. Want to love it, but just totally wouldn't work into my flow.

i don't think there is any product where the videos suck so badly like with maschine, the shit videos are all the same and show about 10% of maschine...

you need to find a friend who owns one and get your hands on one yourself, PERIOD!
*** Image GAFM ***

aizo

Post by aizo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm trying to catergorise this by using a genre of music, but I fear I would start a genre war of some sort.

I guess, I mean, is it useful for things other than "Fundamental electronic music"?
I use an MPC 2000(Classic) for my industrial noise project. Only hardware(+ JP8000 + Electribe EMX) . I think the MPC's are prolly the most hiphop thing you can buy besides some tables and I've been making wicked earrape music for some time now.
ImageImage

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

^^^ well, yes with my old MPC 2000xl i also made everything but just beats or hip hop.

p.s. never used the slicing function yet either... maschine is actually just getting me slowly into creative sampling (loads of fun with this thing, btw, never thought before sampling can be so cool), but i use it for everything else already.
*** Image GAFM ***

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 pm

does it let you play reaktor sounds and kore sound banks? from within the maschines library?

ekwipt

Post by ekwipt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm

SubFunk wrote:
ekwipt wrote:Oh and hurry up integrating Maschine into Traktor Pro and Visa versa
it already does, or do you mean switching between traktor and maschine itself (the sequencer) in a dj set with traktor?

ohh... i think you just made me wee a little.

you just need a multiple out soundcard with midi (like the audio dj8 card), then you are good to go... wee, wee... :D

i love my trusty scratchamp2, but i think an audio dj8 card is next on the list for exactly that... uh, ah, yeah! baby!!

oh well sorry it is possible on OSX, with windows you need 2 computers for that. :mrgreen:
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... 1264122030

I mean having it integrated into Traktor as a 4th or 5th deck and being able to have Traktor Tracks rewired into Maschine (visa/versa)

Sort of like Serato Ableton bridge, but all NI

teacee

Post by teacee » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Maschine used as a plugin can be used in any Genre, this way you have access to a variety of instrument to be played via midi keyboard.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 pm

It certainly can be used in any genre, but given that it's most useful function is acting as a drum machine, it's best suited for electronic music. Of course you can also use the sampled tonal instruments on board as well, and it's a nice effects box, but at it's heart it's a one-stop Drum Machine and sampler.
Professional Shark Jumper.