ATTENTION MODERATORS!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fullscaledeflection

ATTENTION MODERATORS!!!!

Post by fullscaledeflection » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:57 pm

From the FAQ.
What are Moderators?
Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.
Where are these mysterious moderators? Do they exist? The signal to noise on this forum is pretty low due the constant off-topic crap that is posted. Moderators get your fingers out your ar**es and start deleting this stuff.

Anyone else agree? The only way we can stop this nonsense is to stand up and be counted.

FSD.

Haselmeier

Post by Haselmeier » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:39 pm

totally agree!

Stop this.
Moderators wake up!
maybe i give them a direct call....

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:28 pm

guys, you have 20 total posts between you. i've not posted here loas myself, but maybe you should hang around a bit more and spend some time posting before jumping at the moderators.
Posts about the board being OT are now seeming to be as common as OT threads. personally i'd rather seem ableton use their employee's time to improve live and not waste it deleting threads on the forum.

bod

Post by bod » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:30 pm

its their forum, let them run it their way. it is a "general" forum after all, and with no rules to follow, you cant really complain if some one posts a subject you dont like. :wink:

siddhu

new members

Post by siddhu » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:37 pm

who are these new members who have just recently joined telling everyone what to do...maybe they should hang out a while before starting to order people about.

Siddhu

fullscaledeflection

Post by fullscaledeflection » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:26 pm

This forum is not the place to discuss Arafats sexuality. This seems blindingly obvious to me.

Either this forum is moderated or it isn't. Moderators I ask again, where are you?

FSD

rikhyray

Re: ATTENTION MODERATORS!!!!

Post by rikhyray » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:36 pm

fullscaledeflection wrote:From the FAQ.

Where are these mysterious moderators? Do they exist? The signal to noise on this forum is pretty low due the constant off-topic crap that is posted. Moderators get your fingers out your ar**es and start deleting this stuff.

Anyone else agree? The only way we can stop this nonsense is to stand up and be counted.

FSD.
This is not kids corner , when you need censorship join some other- Yahoo ? - forum.or start your own, you can be moderator yourself !
We are all adults here, and even if sometimes some people get nasty or freak out it is the part of life.
If I dont want to read something I dont, nobody forces me to do one thing or the other.
What`s wrong with you, were you brought up in North Korea or East Germany? Conditioned by oppresive regime? you are free person in free world, since if you were Korean or Cuban you wouldnt even have internet access. So please enjoy your freedom and let the rest of the world do the same.
The Ableton stuff have better things to do and they never fail to help when it is needed. Another reason why I love this company.
I want them to work on the program and not be bothered reading about bushes, or whatever other nonsense. It is not their job and I dont think anybody of serious users would like or need that.

2kilo

Post by 2kilo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:48 pm

@fullscaledeflection - I think you will find it far more interesting without moderators...

Without them I can say "does the lack of rules and regulations disturb you, do you align all the towels in the bathroom with the pattern of the floor tiles? Would you like the daddy to tell the naughty forum people to stop misbehaving...? Tell them to do what you want...? :lol:

David

Post by David » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:06 pm

you dont need moderators, there's really nothing to moderate, unless you feel a discussion about politics requires a need for moderating, but it doesnt, everyone is free to express themselves, mix it all up, thats what I say, there's only so many threads about firewire hard drive speeds that i can bear to read, but I dont think that necessitates a need for moderators, I just dont read those threads.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:35 pm

there are no moderators here.

there has never really been a problem here before.

actually, there was a time when there were lots of trolls before you had to register to get on here.

anyway, just relax, it's not a big deal.

and frankly, there are more posts asking it to stop than actuall OT posts that you are freaking out about.

-m

2kilo

Post by 2kilo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:49 pm

After floating around tightly moderated forums, I actually find Ableton's relaxed attitude a breath of fresh air...

Where better to talk about OT subjects than with a forum of people who have common interests...?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:35 pm

fullscaledeflection wrote:This forum is not the place to discuss Arafats sexuality. This seems blindingly obvious to me.

Either this forum is moderated or it isn't. Moderators I ask again, where are you?

FSD
A) you bring more attention to the subject by asking for it to be censored.
if you haven't noticed, there are 7,000+ topics on the general section, and that subject like so many others will pass away..

B) this was only your 2nd post on this forum. perhaps your 3rd will be an apology?

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:36 am

I haven't been here long, but I think the lack of mederation is great. Of course I'm a freedom loving kind of guy.... 8)

fullscaledeflection

Post by fullscaledeflection » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:40 pm

So the lunatics really are running the asylum 8O

BTW it takes about 30 secs to create a new sig in case you have never tried it after the first time. Go figure...

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:46 pm

If you're not interested in it, then don't read it.

I actually look forward to checking out this forum, and having spent
considerable time in a 'serious' music software forum, this is a breath of fresh air.

we're all here because we have Live. The occasional off topic post really is no big deal.
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.