To Gerhard Behles, Dennis DeSantis, and company.....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
droidmike

To Gerhard Behles, Dennis DeSantis, and company.....

Post by droidmike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I would just like to thank all you folks at Ableton for working so hard over the past few months to correct the problems in Live. I'm old enough to know that nothing in life is absolutely perfect, so you won't get any rude or immature whining and complaining from me. Instead, I will simply say that Live is the easiest-to-use, most creative musical tool out there, and it's beautiful, elegant user interface is totally without peer. Sure, there are some features that I would love to see implemented in the near future, such as bezier curves for automation and MIDI transform functions as in Logic Pro (my second favorite DAW), but all things considered, I'd be lost without Live's awesome power and intuitiveness. Ableton Live is a work of art, and you guys are the artists. Congratulations, and thank you for such a wonderful tool.

dhamlin

Re: To Gerhard Behles, Dennis DeSantis, and company.....

Post by dhamlin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:14 pm

You make purchase and feel good,more people will like more people wont like,okay perform music everyone like,all will satisfied,thank you,

Migra

Post by Migra » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 pm

droidmike wrote:I would just like to thank all you folks at Ableton for working so hard over the past few months to correct the problems in Live. I'm old enough to know that nothing in life is absolutely perfect, so you won't get any rude or immature whining and complaining from me. Instead, I will simply say that Live is the easiest-to-use, most creative musical tool out there, and it's beautiful, elegant user interface is totally without peer. Sure, there are some features that I would love to see implemented in the near future, such as bezier curves for automation and MIDI transform functions as in Logic Pro (my second favorite DAW), but all things considered, I'd be lost without Live's awesome power and intuitiveness. Ableton Live is a work of art, and you guys are the artists. Congratulations, and thank you for such a wonderful tool.
+1
| MacBook Pro 13" OS X 10.7.1 C2D@2.26 4GB.RAM 500GB.HDD@5400RPM | | Reason 6.5 | Logic Studio 9.1.7 | Cubase Artist 6.5.2 | Traktor Pro 2 | Nexus2 |

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

Migra wrote:
droidmike wrote:I would just like to thank all you folks at Ableton for working so hard over the past few months to correct the problems in Live. I'm old enough to know that nothing in life is absolutely perfect, so you won't get any rude or immature whining and complaining from me. Instead, I will simply say that Live is the easiest-to-use, most creative musical tool out there, and it's beautiful, elegant user interface is totally without peer. Sure, there are some features that I would love to see implemented in the near future, such as bezier curves for automation and MIDI transform functions as in Logic Pro (my second favorite DAW), but all things considered, I'd be lost without Live's awesome power and intuitiveness. Ableton Live is a work of art, and you guys are the artists. Congratulations, and thank you for such a wonderful tool.
+1
+1

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

anybody human wrote:
Migra wrote:
+1
+1
+1
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

longjohnmike

Post by longjohnmike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah ditto here too.

Now I would point out though that with the exceptions of the rude and immature material that inevitably shows up on this forum there has, in my opinion, also been some very good critical input on some of the issues Ableton has faced lately. I hope this continues because it seems like this forum offers an outlet of communications that is just not possible by going through the tech people. And from what I can tell, you guys have been monitoring and taking into consideration some of the things being mentioned on this forum. I imagine this may be difficult at times but in the end it would seem Live and all of it's users benefit a great deal from it .
:D

v0ins315

Post by v0ins315 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 pm

smaucher wrote:
anybody human wrote:
Migra wrote: +1
+1
+1

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Cool Character wrote:Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
http://www.soundcloud.com/v0ins
http://www.facebook.com/v0ins

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm

+ Jazz

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Live has been great for me.
The only versions that didn't work for me were 5.2.2, 6.0.4 and 8.0.5.
It's been smooth sailing otherwise. The application does quit from time to time, but I never lose any work.

Okay, that's it. I know some people will call me a fan boy, but I can live with that.

Keep up the great work Abes.

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Have to agree, I appreciate Ableton's efforts in concentrating on fixing the issues people have had (though I've been unaffected personally).

(If we could get the overall CPU usage down, session view automation and allow proper mono tracks in the future I would be an even happier bunny ;) )
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 pm

+1 A bit a love to team Ableton. Also thank you to all the users diligently sending in crash reports.

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm

I wouldn't be making electronic music and having my first releases as an artist this year without Ableton. Best investment I made 6 years ago, changed my life.

Nothing but the best.

(Still sticking with 8.9 for safety right now though :wink: )

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm

+++++1
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:16 pm

+1
@-->--

what is that slimy liquid dripping from the walls here?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Eldon Tyrell

Post by Eldon Tyrell » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 pm

+1 8)