OK to delete previous versions as you update?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TRS80

OK to delete previous versions as you update?

Post by TRS80 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:55 pm

I just finished the update- all 700MB of it.

As I get these newer versions of Live, I've been keeping the previous versions. Is it OK to trash these earlier versions? For example, I want to throw away everything except the latest version I have of live-

Also, where do all the instruments, midi files, and samples stay in Live? In the app itself? Somewhere else on the drive? If so where?

Thanks for helping me out, I know these questions are very basic to some of you!
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 suite; OS 10.6.7

8O

Re: OK to delete previous versions as you update?

Post by 8O » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Sure, no problem to delete previous versions, but recommend you hold on to your latest known good version until you're happy the new one is as good/no new bugs that affect you.

Everything else resides in the Library... on a Mac at <home>/Library/Application Support/Ableton

TRS80

Post by TRS80 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Excellent. Thanks!
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 suite; OS 10.6.7

aidanpoulter

Post by aidanpoulter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:03 pm

8O wrote:Sure, no problem to delete previous versions, but recommend you hold on to your latest known good version until you're happy the new one is as good/no new bugs that affect you.

Everything else resides in the Library... on a Mac at <home>/Library/Application Support/Ableton

Hi. Thanks for your answer about previous version. I've also got stuff in HD:users: my profile:Music: ableton: live recordings. Is this wrong? I don't seem to have very much in the locations you said 'everything' else resides in.

Thanks again for your knowledge.

Aidan. :D

aidanpoulter

Post by aidanpoulter » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Actually, sorry to have an afterthought, but I also made a shortcut on my desktop for a file for all my projects. Would this likely mess the way ableton is supposed to behave to open stuff. :oops:

Thanks again. Aidan.