Is there anyway to get this tune back? Help!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ct43

Is there anyway to get this tune back? Help!!

Post by ct43 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:57 pm

was working on a track yesterday, came to open to open it today, and Ableton wont open the file, just says its "encountered a serious error please save your work under a different name" same thing happens with the copy of the file, wired thing is it never even getts to the stage where any of my tune appears on the screen..im thinking that either the file is corrupt or maybe some of the plugins / VSTi's im using on the track are not loading up properly causing the crash.

Is there anyway I can get this tune back working again?? My other (older) files still open. Im also worried about starting any new tunes, investing loads of time & then the same thing happening again.

Anyone had this problem & got round it yet?

Cheers

Carl.

ct43

Post by ct43 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:17 pm

UPDATE

ive just loaded SX then Live, so im running in rewire mode, the tune now loads, so it must have been one of the plugins / VSTi's I was using. Its a bit strange as ive not done anything to the system overnight, ive got big chunks of the track missing now though, maybe if I install a ealier verson of live 4 (im using 4.04 at the moment) I might be able to get it to work.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:21 pm

ok, make a copy of your file. remove all your VST and AU from their folder and try opening you file. if it opens up without loading the VSTs then you have a VST issue. put them back in the folder one at a time and try opening your file to you find which VST is the problem.

Might need to update your versions. i had this problem with reaktor then live 4 first came out.

ct43

Post by ct43 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:01 pm

Reaktor 4 was causing the problem, strange cos ive been using it with Live for ages.. got the latest versions and everything, maybe its the "Akkord" ensamble that ive used in this track, dont think I had used that with Live before, dunno...

I moved the R4 dll file to a different location, Ableton has now loaded up and ive got R4 back in the tune by draging the R4 dll from its new location into the track slot, ive loaded up the "Akkord" ensamble with no problems, so im gonna render this audio then save it.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:20 pm

cool, good to hear thats saved that then. you might wanna make sure your using the news verion of reaktor as i think for the most part this is fixed now.

though you maybe right, it might just be the ens file.

ct43

Post by ct43 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:50 pm

yeah, thanks for the help man.. good to have the tune back working.