The perfect stand... but....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
robbmasters

Re: The perfect stand... but....

Post by robbmasters » Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah, I like the integrated shelf on the Studiospares stand. My live rig is basically laptop, 25SL, Launchpad, Yamaha MG102c compact mixer, AudioFire 2. So the 25SL would go on the keyboard arms, and everything else on the top.
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu May 06, 2010 11:16 pm

Quik Lok:
9 height positions, 4 angle positions, and easy, foldable design for simple set up and take down.

The Quik-Lok SL-820 is a double-tier, fully adjustable slanting keyboard stand. Its solid, all-steel construction provides maximum sturdiness and ensures excellent structural support. The SL-820 stand's exclusive, patented, foldable design means you can fold down the keyboard stand in a snap. There are no loose parts, and the compact folded size makes this Quik-Lok stand convenient for storage and easy transport. Set up is just easy too, as the stand's fully adjustable tiers can be quickly set at 9 height positions, and 4 angle positions. Depth is also telescoping. This makes it possible for the Quik-Lok SL-820 to accommodate virtually any size keyboard and controller up to 16.1" deep, as well as drum machines and sound modules.

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:13 pm

The Studiospares stand that I started this thread about is finally back in stock. I got mine today. Looks promising... :D

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 am

robbmasters wrote:The Studiospares stand that I started this thread about is finally back in stock. I got mine today. Looks promising... :D
Alright! Im curious how the specs are against the quik lok. Can you adjust the width of the arms? Ive had a really old but very solid keyboard stand for years. But its to heavy to travel with, and the arms are only adjustable in height. It stays at home as a second workstation. If you got the time, please let us know the details, and how it works for you!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 am

Roland has some pretty cool looking stands, expensive though.

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 am

ze2be wrote:Im curious how the specs are against the quik lok. Can you adjust the width of the arms?
No, and if I put my 25SL on the arms, I can't see the screen or most of the controls!

But I'd already decided that I'd probably put it on the top shelf instead, and put my mixer on the arms. However the arms are too wide for the mixer, so I'm going to need a shelf...

It's pretty heavy, but it folds up nicely and clips together for easy transport and storage.