Techno live set available for download...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
matt ob

Techno live set available for download...

Post by matt ob » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:27 am

Here's a recording of the debut liveset I played on Saturday. I tried to keep things fairly unstructured and mix things as live as possible, which accounts for some of the levels being all over the place and the occasional mistake here and there. I don't think the seven hours of drinking beforehand helped matters either. :roll:

For anyone who's interested - I used a PC laptop running Live 4.03, controlled with a Evolution UC33e. The soundcard used was a MOTU 828 with 4 stereo pairs fed into an A&H Xone 92 mixer so I could use the filters and do addition mixing. I also had an old Boss echo pedal running out of the auxilliary and back into a channel so I could add echo to anything on the Xone and feed the echo back into itself, reggae stylee. Always good fun to do!

Anyway, it was my first time and is pretty rough but I thought I'd post it just to get some feedback.

Matt O'Brien live @ S.E.N.D. 51 Mb

Cheers,
Matt

maze23a

Re: Techno live set available for download...

Post by maze23a » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:01 am

matt ob wrote:Here's a recording of the debut liveset I played on Saturday. I tried to keep things fairly unstructured and mix things as live as possible, which accounts for some of the levels being all over the place and the occasional mistake here and there. I don't think the seven hours of drinking beforehand helped matters either. :roll:

For anyone who's interested - I used a PC laptop running Live 4.03, controlled with a Evolution UC33e. The soundcard used was a MOTU 828 with 4 stereo pairs fed into an A&H Xone 92 mixer so I could use the filters and do addition mixing. I also had an old Boss echo pedal running out of the auxilliary and back into a channel so I could add echo to anything on the Xone and feed the echo back into itself, reggae stylee. Always good fun to do!

Anyway, it was my first time and is pretty rough but I thought I'd post it just to get some feedback.

Cheers,
Matt
:D

maze23a

Post by maze23a » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:03 am

maze23a wrote:
matt ob wrote:Here's a recording of the debut liveset I played on Saturday. I tried to keep things fairly unstructured and mix things as live as possible, which accounts for some of the levels being all over the place and the occasional mistake here and there. I don't think the seven hours of drinking beforehand helped matters either. :roll:

Cheers,
Matt

that shit is really,really dope!!!!! :D

matt ob

Post by matt ob » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:11 am

maze23a wrote: that shit is really,really dope!!!!! :D
Thanks for listening, glad you like it!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:15 pm

Nice set. i'm enjoying it.
Love the classic sounds :D

Cheers

Bjorn

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:39 pm

Thanks for the set. I can't wait to listen to it when I get home from work. =)

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:39 pm

Nice one, love the feel.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:30 pm

hey matt, looking forward to the listen. been too long since i've been to S.E.N.D.

Marqx

Post by Marqx » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:27 am

Nice set! :)

Can you tell me a little more about the echo pedal thing? I have a Xone:92 myselve and i'm always into this kind of effect stuff..

matt ob

Post by matt ob » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:50 am

Thanks to everypone for listenening ang giving feedback, much appreciated!

@Marqx - The echo effect I'm talking about is basically achieved using any type of echo box attatched to an effect send on a mixer. But instead of sending the echo back into an effect return, you send it to it's own channel so that you can send the echo return back into the effect send, if you know what I mean. It makes the echo sound swell up, it's an old trick pioneered by the likes of King Tubby and Lee Perry. There's probably a better explanation on this site somewhere - http://www.interruptor.ch/dub.shtml

@ ben - how's it going over in the states (presuming you're still over there)? You coming over for the Werk party on the 4th?

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:11 am

nothing like a natural echo feedback :D
start with one sound - 2 minutes later its morphed through 7 others.

bencodec

Post by bencodec » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:17 pm

matt ob wrote: @ ben - how's it going over in the states (presuming you're still over there)? You coming over for the Werk party on the 4th?
Sadly i'm gonna miss this one. It's gonna be a great nite. the states are ok, i miss the steady dose of decent tunes though. Looking forward to the next set you post.