Anyone upgrading their Soniccouture Live packs?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
elxicano

Re: Anyone upgrading their Soniccouture Live packs?

Post by elxicano » Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 pm

wrong wrote:I cant seem to unlock mine??? im running the newest version of 8, and entered the serial on the site and went thru the whole verification thru live....still says im not authorized....any tips?
Dunno... maybe you did something wrong. :roll:

...Sorry, couldn't resist.

It really should work, considering everything you mentioned. Just to be sure that the Ableton server recognizes these as being unlocked, double check the instrument partner page to see if it now shows "Download" instead of "Add to Cart."

If it doesn't show "download" then try to register the serials again and if it does show "download" then contact Ableton HQ for support since it should work.

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 am

I had the same problem. You may have to call or email the abe's to sort it.

What happened to me was a second license was created for my 3 Soniccouture packs even though I was logged into the Abe's website when registering the serial numbers. When I kept trying to authorize it wasn't taking into account the separate license for the SC libraries, just my Live license and add ons. A quick call to Ableton and they merged both and everything registered fine.

One way to check - Log on to the Abe's site and go to your account licenses/serial numbers. It will show all of them but if they are split into two groups I bet that is your problem.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun May 09, 2010 12:21 am

So here's a question for those of you who have gotten the "upgrade" to the live versions of the SC packs:
If you've already got one of their packs, and you buy the 10 dollar Ableton Rack version upgrade, do you get an installer that has only the instrument racks so that you just point it to your existing Sonic Couture samples?
You don't have to download the whole thing again and have two copies on your harddrive if you want to keep the Kontakt versions do you?
Professional Shark Jumper.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sun May 09, 2010 1:58 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:So here's a question for those of you who have gotten the "upgrade" to the live versions of the SC packs:
If you've already got one of their packs, and you buy the 10 dollar Ableton Rack version upgrade, do you get an installer that has only the instrument racks so that you just point it to your existing Sonic Couture samples?
You don't have to download the whole thing again and have two copies on your harddrive if you want to keep the Kontakt versions do you?
For Konkrete, all the samples show up twice now. The new samples have Kontrete 1 (or 2) before the sample name.