Drum Pads

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mja

Drum Pads

Post by mja » Sat May 08, 2010 1:55 am

I`ve a korg kontrol 49 keyboard which also has 16 assignable drum pads.

I rarely use the drum pads, because I don`t think they`re very practical.

Do people on here solely use drum pads on "impulse" and "drum machine" or do you assign them to other functions within ableton..?

flippo

Re: Drum Pads

Post by flippo » Sat May 08, 2010 4:40 am

I have a korg padkontrol. It has 16 banks of 16 pads, and I only use two banks specifically for playing drums.

This is mostly for playing live, though.

what is it about them that you don't find practical?

mja

Post by mja » Sat May 08, 2010 9:44 am

I know they`re useful in a live situation,however,when ever I use them in the studio,I end up altering everything I record.

I suppose it`s just a matter of taste really.I`m still looking to put them into use though,I`m sure there`s loads of cool things to assign them to,I`m not very innovative in that sense though,

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat May 08, 2010 4:11 pm

i love pads for everything and use them for pretty much everything, more then my keyboard...

drums, keyboard scales (playing melodies, basslines, everything really) clip triggering, as buttons, for whatever...

pads are to me essential, and i would rather get rid of my keyboard or any other form of controller, but not my pads.

i have the korg padKONTROL and maschine by the way, other pads suck so badly all the akai shit and trigger finger and novation,
whatever all utter shite in comparison. (the trigger finger being the worst)

PadK or Maschine, that's it.

BTW, i am extremely impressed with maschine's pads, i think they are up to par with the korg pads, very good.
*** Image GAFM ***