APC40 - Step Sequencer, Note Mode, 2nd Device Control, etc.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

JuanSOLO

Re: APC40 - Step Sequencer, Note Mode, 2nd Device Control, etc.

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Post some pics over at the post pics thread.

And again, anyone know the "call" to directly go into sequencer mode, or default mode?

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I have a request Hanz! Is there anyway that when you hold shift down to flick through functions that you can solo any of the 8 tracks as well??? E.G -

I solo one track and want to solo another but have to reach over and hold CMD and use mouse to do so!!! I'd rather just hold shift and do it!

Would putting this function in mess up anyone's APC plans?????

Much love xxxx

drchoc

Post by drchoc » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 am

@captainjohnson

Go to preferences, Record Warp Launch, and then deactivate exclusive solo....

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm

drchoc wrote:@captainjohnson

Go to preferences, Record Warp Launch, and then deactivate exclusive solo....
Ah yes i'm aware of that but......I want to hold shift to enable the deactive exclusive but still have the exclusive functionality to smash everything back in! You get me?

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:53 am

i havent received my apc's yes (20+40) but they are on tehir way and i'll build the apc80, and i wondered if the sequencer part in linked mode will scroll all 16 led wide or still be only on the 40?

also is there a way to have it scroll 16 wide and be 5 notes high(like some fruityloops 1 sequencer)

estevan carlos benson

Post by estevan carlos benson » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:22 am

Man, I wish I learned about this ish earlier.
Live 9 Suite | M4L | MacBook Pro Quadcore 16gb ram | APC40
estevancarlos.com | The Handsomest Drowned Man

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:i havent received my apc's yes (20+40) but they are on tehir way and i'll build the apc80, and i wondered if the sequencer part in linked mode will scroll all 16 led wide or still be only on the 40?

also is there a way to have it scroll 16 wide and be 5 notes high(like some fruityloops 1 sequencer)
It only stays on the 40. If you run say a 40 on the left...you select a midi clip...hit shft master then the 40 will show the seq...while the 20 shows the right 8 tracks. This works for me because I use 16track setups. What you'll get with the 2 is an ability to toggle clips when the 40 is in seq mode.

While you can't expand the lights to 2 apcs in seq mode...you can still quantize notes...and expand or shorten the clip length right off the apc. Good luck!

Megageoff

Post by Megageoff » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:25 pm

Has anyone else been having a problem using this script with 8.2.6? My faders don't seem to work any more, but everything else seems fine. I've checked for obvious things like: remote overide mappings, went back to 8.2.2 (works fine), checking with the default APC40 script (fine), checking with Midi Monitor (still correct channel and cc being output), checking I'm on Fader Mode 1 etc.

Thanks again for this script, it's so great - far better than Ableton/Akai's one for sure!
  • 2.53 Ghz Macbook Pro i5, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6.3, DIGI 002R, Live 8.2.6, APC40

Megageoff

Post by Megageoff » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm

Sorry, disregard that last post - I didn't realise that there had been a fix done for 8.2.5 and this works fine with 8.2.6.
  • 2.53 Ghz Macbook Pro i5, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6.3, DIGI 002R, Live 8.2.6, APC40

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:35 pm

i started another thread, but i think hanz reads this one so ill ask here too
is there a way use the cue knob to scroll the redbox from scene to scene?as clicking 5 by 5 is pretty much a PITA to go to scene 995, a simple knob twist would be so much better

or a way to mod the script so i can shift holf arrow down and it will scroll fast, cause clicking 150 times the down arrow is kind of annoying and long (yes, i managed to squeeze my live act in 1000 scene by deleteing some older songs, still pisses me ff, but ableton confirmed to me the advertising is kinda false and the limit is actually 1000 scenes in live, not unlimited)

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 am

hey hanz, did you delete all comments on your site on the apc64_40 page?

Hanz_Petrov

Post by Hanz_Petrov » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been around much recently - super busy with other stuff.
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:hey hanz, did you delete all comments on your site on the apc64_40 page?
Guilty of not responding to comments in a timely fashion, but not guilty of deleting any comments - this appears to be a Blogger bug. According to Google support:
"[Problem Rollup] - Comments vanish on static pages and 'allow' setting reverts back to 'don't show'
Google Engineering are aware and investigating."

I can still see the comments on my end, so they don't appear to have been deleted (they're just being quietly ignored ;).

Best,

Hanz
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/ - an introduction to the Framework classes

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:04 pm

i knew you didnt delete them, as there was a lot of info in them given by you and others

hope you other stuff is going well, like making music i hope (read a few pages back you needed time to make some, hope it'S rocking)

again thanks for that incredible script

carmomi

Post by carmomi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

I´m having the same problem - sequencer is not activated and APC 64 40 can only be selected in control surfaces and not in input and output (preferences/midi sync) Is there anyone out there that found the solution and would be so kind to share it with me :))?

Many thanks
MC
fixed_up wrote:
Hanz_Petrov wrote:
fixed_up wrote:This seems to do something as now all my pads (including the solo/mute/cue and transport controls play a midi note. However I cannot get the step sequencer to run. When I hit shift and master volume nothing happens.
Have you selected the correct Input and Output ports under MIDI preferences? Have your turned Track and Remote to "On" for the MIDI input port?

Hope that helps.

Hanz
In the first box it gives me the option to select 'APC 64 40' as the control surface but the next two drop down menus (input and output) only have the APC40 as an option. Track and remote is on for the midi input port.