Amplitube for iPhone/iPod!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
UKRuss

Amplitube for iPhone/iPod!!!

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 14, 2010 10:25 am

Leon Tricker

Re: Amplitube for iPhone/iPod!!!

Post by Leon Tricker » Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Bye, bye Line 6 Pocket Pod...

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri May 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Oh my.
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 1:59 pm

meh. Kinda cool as a little jam toy, but as a serious replacement for anything in a gig setting? No. I mean, it might be fun to stomp the shit out of my iPhone when it's time to change patches and such, but....
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Leon Tricker

Post by Leon Tricker » Fri May 14, 2010 2:04 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:meh. Kinda cool as a little jam toy, but as a serious replacement for anything in a gig setting? No. I mean, it might be fun to stomp the shit out of my iPhone when it's time to change patches and such, but....
Well, I don't see it replacing amp stacks on any stages anytime soon! :wink:

But like I say, I have a Pocket Pod and this app could replace that. One less thing to carry around.

Also, it'll be cool as a cheap multi-FX for processing my Nintendo DS at gigs.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:meh. Kinda cool as a little jam toy, but as a serious replacement for anything in a gig setting? No. I mean, it might be fun to stomp the shit out of my iPhone when it's time to change patches and such, but....
Hell no. I'm thinking of it being a great headphone amp. Now we just need one with a stereo input. 8)
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 2:18 pm

lol. no kidding.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 pm

stringtapper wrote: Hell no. I'm thinking of it being a great headphone amp. Now we just need one with a stereo input. 8)
+1 or 2

Stereo would be great. But actually I am blown away that they have essentially recreated what we pay relatively serious money to run on our percuters, on the flippin iPhone/Pod.

For me this is just going to be great to sit in the lounge and plug in and muck about with sans studio.

I'm definitely in.

Still pretty stunned by the whole thing. Co-workers are similarly hitting IK's website and getting all 8O

soultwist

Post by soultwist » Fri May 14, 2010 5:35 pm

WOoooow. I was expecting a few screen shots and an article but this was better. Had headphones on loud, so it was a bit of a shock. I was definitely like this: 8O
It's amazing how many things have been replaced by just the iPhone + apps. It was an mp3 player, DS, PSP, Phone, camera which is impressive on its own. But now, it's good bye PODxt and those cute portable marshall stacks that clip on to your belt. Ahh, I'll miss those

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Indeed. :lol:

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

this is really cool. glad you can play along with other apps and songs. just in time for the summer, grab the old electric get outside and practice. as long as it doesn't sound really bad I'll get it, it's not like it's going to replace any tone modules I already have.
who cares? serious for $20 or whatever?? people like to talk about every piece of gear as if they were going to play to 10,000 people with it. why so serious?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri May 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote:this is really cool. glad you can play along with other apps and songs. just in time for the summer, grab the old electric get outside and practice. as long as it doesn't sound really bad I'll get it, it's not like it's going to replace any tone modules I already have.
who cares? serious for $20 or whatever?? people like to talk about every piece of gear as if they were going to play to 10,000 people with it. why so serious?

lol. I know. I was being a bit of a poopy pants in this one because, goddamit, the thing is cool. :| Gonna be cool when this kind of app will eventually feature recording capabilities as well. Little multi-track/looper setup. Nice.

gjm

Post by gjm » Fri May 14, 2010 8:49 pm

This is fantastic for me. I have a bunch of 10-13 yr old students whose parents have bought them those shitty beginner electric guitar packs with the little 10 watt amps. The parents tell me that they don't want to commit decent dollars to buying decent amps until they can see that their kid is serious about playing. Problem is that every single time I ask a new student why they want to play electric guitar the answer comes back to "the cool sounds" and image. The same parents who don't want to spring for an amp for their kids to explore sound and technique have often already sprung for an iTouch for a birthday/christmas present. This just gives me more options to keep kids hooked on making music. Just last night I used an iTouch in one of my drum lessons with a kid who was giving me excuses about not being able to practice much at home. His mom was delighted with having another option for her son to explore making beats and reading music. I will have to cave shortly and get one for myself rather than borrowing one of my kids ones :D
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Nice one Gjm! :D

I hadn't even thought about outside summer jamming Tone, excellent! Hammock here I come. :D

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:this is really cool. glad you can play along with other apps and songs. just in time for the summer, grab the old electric get outside and practice. as long as it doesn't sound really bad I'll get it, it's not like it's going to replace any tone modules I already have.

lol. I know. I was being a bit of a poopy pants in this one because, goddamit, the thing is cool. :| Gonna be cool when this kind of app will eventually feature recording capabilities as well. Little multi-track/looper setup. Nice.
:lol:

that video says you can use it with other apps, it'll be interesting to see what that really means. soooo many times I'll go play in the park and come up with a fun riff and chord progression... that gets lost on my walk home.

I'd also rather drag a beater electric with me on road trips than my acoustic.

gjm - another thing to tell parents is that they won't have to listen to their kid learning guitar, with this app the kids will usually wear headphones.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz