Creating realistic drum patterns.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
vdrum

Post by vdrum » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:43 pm

Is there any reason that this technique (as described in the first post of this string) couldn't be done with multiple Impulse's on separate tracks?
eDrummer: Roland Vdrum kit Live 8/ MacBookPro 2.5 mhz & 2gb. Motu Ultralite.. Homemade midi-triggering pad for LIVE's filters , clips , & record buttons. Hopelessly hooked on live looping.

steved

Impulse

Post by steved » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:09 pm

Thanks for the tips guys - I like the gate tip Jamm ... I'll give it a go.

"Is there any reason that this technique (as described in the first post of this string) couldn't be done with multiple Impulse's on separate tracks?"
( vdrum )

You can use the technique to trigger multiple instances of Impulse. Two nice things about Battery are the multi velocity samples and the fact that you can load a large kit ( especially with Battery 2 - I think it's 72 cells or something like that) - including percussion if you want - and use the pitch control to cause each midi pattern to trigger any drums in the kit. Using Impulse you are limited to eight cells per instance and you would have to select which Impulse kit is triggered by each midi track. I'm sure it could work fine though ... give it a go.

Any more tips anyone ??
Nocturn early adopter ....

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:10 pm

this is not a tip, but usefull i think.
Here are the chord and scale presets i programmed so far.

cheers
Last edited by hoffman2k on Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steved

Post by steved » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:37 pm

thanks hoffman .... much more useful than "is mac better than pc blah blah blah ..... "
Nocturn early adopter ....

Machinate

Re: Jamm

Post by Machinate » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:23 pm

JAMM wrote: On my live gigs i also use the gate in my master channel end constanly tweak the controls with a midi controller.
Try it... you will be amazed with the results.

Greetinz Jamm :wink:
Great tip, Jamm. I'll try that soon.

spindoctor

Creating realistic drum patterns

Post by spindoctor » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:49 pm

Thanks hoffman2k for the file.
---
I created a template with kick, snare, hihat tracks and pat1, pat2, pat3, pat4. I recorded 2 bars in the kick, snare and hihat track. Battery was on each track along with Pitch, Random, Velocity plugins. I think that is the method??? i adjusted each track and each plugin and got some crazy stuff however i believe i am not getting the whole routne.

Do I put down multiple midi tracks for kick, snare, ihat? That is what the template looks like.

I have compression II and suppa trigga plugins on the Master track.

I am a bit stuck as to how to resample and what to do with the 4 pattern tracks that steved suggested.
I apologize for the confusing email.

thanks folks.

spindoctor

Rx

Post by Rx » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:26 am

nice thread - looking forward to trying some new things...
Arp Laszlo
arphaus.com

Dell 6000d: 2.0ghz Pentium 760 | 1gb DDR2 ram
Echo Indigo DJ | Korg microKONTROL | faded black t-shirt emblazoned with 'Detroit' in gothic type