EDIT: Ableton replies - Says crash a MASCHINE issue??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
squelcht

EDIT: Ableton replies - Says crash a MASCHINE issue??

Post by squelcht » Sat May 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Sent a crash report to Ableton a few weeks ago & they just replied yesterday (go figure) & they said they concluded the reason for the crash came from Reaktor 5 & that Reaktor 5 has some Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.X compatibility issues yadda yadda yadda - Thing is however Reaktor wasn't loaded in the set :?: I know Ableton scans VST libraries when first starting it up - But can a buggy plugin cause Live to crash even if it isn't loaded or used on a track within the set??? Beats the fuNk outta me...They haven't replied yet - But I'm sure I'll hear from them in another few weeks :?
Last edited by squelcht on Tue May 25, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3dot...

Re: Can a buggy VST crash a set even when not loaded on a track?

Post by 3dot... » Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm

did you try moving it out of the plug library...check if it crashes ?
it is a very weird reply.. even if live crashes when scanning..
it ususally doesn't scan the offending vst twice..(at least on windoes) it just ignores it ..
.so it's weird.I agree..
maybe you have Reaktor on you default template?

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Nope - Reaktor isn't loaded on a template. Live isn't crashing upon scanning the VST's - I had a crash during the middle of jamming on a set I was working on. I noticed how when the Live splash screen comes up while Live is loading it says "Scanning VST's" - And Live ALWAYS loads up properly with NO problems, so it isn't upon scanning that a crash happens. I was trying to put some logic to the guys reply but it isn't working :| WEIRD.

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Sun May 23, 2010 5:27 pm

If it's not crashing on the startup scan, it's almost definitely not Reaktor. And, I can't see how Ableton could say Reaktor's making it crash if it's not even in the set; that doesn't make any sense :~

What I'd probably do in your situation is trash Live's preferences and see if it crashes after that.

ew

squelcht

Re: EDIT: Ableton replies - Says crash a MASCHINE issue??

Post by squelcht » Tue May 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Ableton replies & quote: "In your template set Maschine is indeed loaded. We are aware of these issues with Maschine and related plugins and are working to resolve them."

Keep in mind - A few different occasions the same crash has came about & its with a the most craziest smallest set EVUR. I'm talking one track w/ Maschine, one track with a Ableton library instrument & a preset library M4L patch on a send channel. I was curious if M4L was cause of the crashes but now I wonder if Maschine is at fault. Hmmm...

Anyone else experiencing some issues (i.e. crashes) with Maschinebleton?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 pm

nope, maschine 1.5 and ableton 8.1.3 under OSX 10.6.3 here, maschine is the one plugin (AU version) that does not cause trouble (knocking on wood)
*** Image GAFM ***

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Tue May 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Exact same specs' here - Starting to think just a glitch in the DAW matrix...I've been pushing/running my setup alot over the past week/weekend & have had no issues..

Fuck it - I'm done bitching - Time to make some grooves 8)

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm not seeing any crashes with Maschine or Live either.

Your Maschine forum moderator,
ew

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Tue May 25, 2010 3:43 pm

I´m experiencing crashes with Maschine and Live. In fact, I´ve had a few Kernel panics aswell.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue May 25, 2010 3:52 pm

how does it look with maschine in standalone mode, problems / crashes?

honestly, the reason i am asking is because there is so much random behaviour with live going on at times which are very hard up top impossible to pinpoint, i mean there are set ups 100% identical one running just fine one being full of problems...???

respectively what about the people who use the plugin version in more then only live, but also in cubase, logic, pt, etc...???

any problems there??

i use it as AU in live (no problems, knocking on wood) and logic8, which creates sometimes a crash during closing of a project, but it works like a charm when running / working, just 4 out of 10 times i say when i close logic8 i get in the very end of the closing process a crash message, but when i start the same project again... all is tutty frutty.
*** Image GAFM ***

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Tue May 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I´m only using the AU in Live on Snow Leopard. I don´t know if it matters but, I never turn the computer off. Live and Maschine is always open, and a project can be open for a day or three.. Can´t seem to reproduce the crashes, sometimes it crashed when i was playing a synth in ACE or browsing sounds in Maschine.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 pm

interceptor wrote:In fact, I´ve had a few Kernel panics aswell.
No shit? :? That sucks...

ewistrand

Post by ewistrand » Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm

interceptor wrote:I´m experiencing crashes with Maschine and Live. In fact, I´ve had a few Kernel panics aswell.
Plug into a different USB port and/or try a different USB cable. THe kernel panics I've heard about with a Mac and Maschine are 95% of the time due to wrong port/bad cable issues.

ew

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Tue May 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Just had a crash. A new one this time. A white box appears saying a serious program error has occured and Live will quit after you have pressed ok. Sent the bug report to Ableton.

I´ll try another USB port and see how it works.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue May 25, 2010 9:06 pm

damn Ew fixes Live 8.............will go down in history.
Yo Ew we need more cpu cycles in maschine could you have that done by tuesday :wink: