Warping Effect Issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dustin L.

Warping Effect Issues

Post by Dustin L. » Sun May 23, 2010 1:50 am

For some songs the time stretching markers can have an very noticeable effect, is there any way to mitigate this?

DangerousDave

Re: Warping Effect Issues

Post by DangerousDave » Sun May 23, 2010 2:33 am

A little more info on what you are using the warping for would bring about more specific and thus useful answers, but I will start you off with some basics:

Since you say you are warping songs, I will assume you are using Live as a DJ tool, so the type of warp method you choose can have a large impact on the final product. Tones is ok usually for one riff shots, like a simple melody or whatnot, but play around with the different warp settings and modes to get a cleaner effect. I typically stick with the Complex warp method (btw these options are located in the clip view of an audio track under the warp button, in case you didnt know) because it seems to warrant the best results for what I use it for, but depending on your needs you might end up favoring another mode.

Give us some more info on what you are warping/what you are trying to achieve and we will be able to better answer your questions, warping can get somewhat in depth.
https://soundcloud.com/unearthproductions
beats me wrote:everybody around you thinks you’re a fucking idiot.