What's up with the Props???????????

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
cids

Re: What's up with the Props???????????

Post by cids » Mon May 31, 2010 5:36 pm

jasonjbundy wrote:Once Reason/Record/ReWire go 64bit on a Mac then I will be interested.
What do you think will be the benefit of that...?
Mac Pro 2.66Ghz Quad-Core

Genelec 8020; Live 10; macOS Mojave 10.14

Novation ReMOTE 49SL Compact, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:19 pm

jasonjbundy wrote:Once Reason/Record/ReWire go 64bit on a Mac then I will be interested.
So you have no interest in Ableton Live at the moment???

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 pm

McQ714 wrote:
So you have no interest in Ableton Live at the moment???

checkmate
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Markemark

Post by Markemark » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 am

These new features are mostly workflow, nothing innovative here, kinda disappointed with the props. Now rewire over a lan would have been amazing!! With today's networks and many ways to connect computers it would give us a chance to reduce latency and buffer settings, and have fun making music once again.

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

D'oh

#1thelark

Too small for me... zooming function?

Post by #1thelark » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:44 pm

I just had a look at my Reason 4 Demo... man how do you guys work with this program?
The distance between my eyes and the laptop screen is not very far, but still those knobs on the Reason instruments are so tiny.
I doubt I could work with this program on my double screen setup.
Do you have workarounds for this? Do you guys use some kind of magnifying tool to work with Reasons instruments?

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:10 pm

^After working with the inst for a while, you pretty much know what and where everything is without having to see the labels. Only issue is the combis where they are customizable.
Terrence Lennon

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Okay... I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm a bit impressed.
Dr Octo Rex Video Micro Tutorial
Terrence Lennon

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:14 pm

tlennon wrote:Okay... I don't care what anyone else thinks. I'm a bit impressed.
Dr Octo Rex Video Micro Tutorial

I can see why you're impressed. Ableton's clips should become like OctoRex players.

EDIT: Of course, clips have had some of that functionality for awhile, like per slice pitch, pan, volume adjustment, etc, as well as per slice FX control. Ableton would only have to add some of the Rex players additional functions, like the alt/randomizer functions.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:26 pm

It looks really cool!

And I agree with @abluesky, what if an individual Live clip could stack loops and switch between them, sort of what you can already acheive using session view but nested within a single clip, so you leave session to broader sequencing and do glitchy on the fly (OctoRex style) loop switching within a single clip....integrated with clip envelopes and easier integration of slice-effects, you basically could do OctoRex inside a clip and I think it would freakin' rule...

but then again, that's kind of what session view is already designed as in the first place, I get that...but I use session more as a song-wide compositional sketchboard, so it would be nice to have this level of depth on the individual clip level....just dreamin'...

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

massenmedium

Post by massenmedium » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:44 pm

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier, about being able to fold groups of clips inside clips. Partly to do with how it would make visualising sets on remote controllers simpler.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

a kid has already worked on a device that utilizes the launchpad to trigger dr octo loops. Just put 8 of them together you've got something similar to live's session view. Not as good as session view but still with dr octo tweaking ability that they've shown in the mico tutorial it's a pretty big step forward for reason's workflow and tweak ability.

Now if they would just get recycle in Reason record they'd be set
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:17 pm

^
I mean, there's got to be a rationale for not having recycle integrated. What's the most reasonable explanation for it's not being there?

I don't really know much about recycle or rex loops or the technicalities of this omission.

Will sampling capabilities have a workaround???

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 am

if that is impressive then maschine would prob give you a heart attack

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 am

apples and oranges