MIDI mapping curve options?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TST

MIDI mapping curve options?

Post by TST » Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Hello,

I would say I'm pretty Live literate and I've checked every possible idea but want to check unless I'm missing the obvious

If I assign for simplicities sake two volume faders to one midi controller so they run in opposite directions, can I control the movement curve to avoid power dips at the middle point where the two swap over?

I would like to crossfade between channels in a group to move from one soundstage to another.

The nearest I can think of is running in mono with each channel either side of the pan control on utility, then run the output through another utility to make it mono. Or doing a double version to carry stereo signals.

Any thoughts or workarounds?

Thanks in advance

agent314

Re: MIDI mapping curve options?

Post by agent314 » Mon May 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Maybe I'm not getting what you're trying to do, but wouldn't you be able to use the crossfader for this? Is the workflow you're after different from that in some way, or does that not work for groups of tracks?

TST

Post by TST » Mon May 24, 2010 6:27 pm

That is just one example, its really the need to control the curve of two parameters running past each other, so it could be two low pass filter, one down going up, other up going down and being able to control there curve like a crossfader has.

I don't think its possible, but thought I'd ask in case.

Another example would be making the bass from two EQ three swap over from each other, but being able to control there curve as they do it to fine tune the cross over.

I know you can play with the mapping min values so they wouldnt completely cut but I'm after controlling the slop they move by.

Sorry if it doesnt seem clear :(

alriley

Post by alriley » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Hey TST,

I'm looking to do something similar with EQs and have experienced the 'power dips' you're talking about.

Did you ever find a solution?

Al

twitter: @alrileymusic