Delays on the buses - then three come along

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
steved

Delays on the buses - then three come along

Post by steved » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:48 pm

I only just found this out the by accident. If you have a dub type setup with different delay effects on different buses - and you want to send a snippet of a track to one of the delays you don't have to use a rotary midi control - you can use a momentary button which turns the bus send contol full on for as long as you keep your finger on the button. I use the pads of the korg microkontrol. So with something like a choppy reggae guitar you can use the buttons to send bits of the track to different delays - and get real nice rhythmic effects.
Nocturn early adopter ....

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:37 pm

Good post Steve, I just spent a lot of today setting up tracks and controls for a gig I just came back from, 'dl' ing and throwing my own trax in the mix too. Not surprisingly the more you put in the more you get out. Using a Remote 25 and being able to set the max and min levels of midi knobs and sliders ie min 18 max 108 for a slider means you can freak the fader but never risk over-sending or pushing volume into the red...great machine and a breeze to programme, buttons for the kill switches in eq3 rocking the house. Yeehaaaa

Machinate

Re: Delays on the buses - then three come along

Post by Machinate » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:17 pm

steved wrote:I only just found this out the by accident. If you have a dub type setup with different delay effects on different buses - and you want to send a snippet of a track to one of the delays you don't have to use a rotary midi control - you can use a momentary button which turns the bus send contol full on for as long as you keep your finger on the button. I use the pads of the korg microkontrol. So with something like a choppy reggae guitar you can use the buttons to send bits of the track to different delays - and get real nice rhythmic effects.
My "solo-looping-template" in live uses the computer keyboard to turn the sends on and off, allowing me to build up rhythms by passing sounds between the tracks and the sends, and between the sends, by punching in and out on my computer. Brilliant, no controller in sight.