Evolution UC16 MIDI knob controller

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mindlobster

Evolution UC16 MIDI knob controller

Post by mindlobster » Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:18 pm

I'm just about to start playing (heard that before?) with the Evolution UC16 knobby controller...anybody out there tried it? Got any tips/comments? Looks like it's gonna be fun for FX tweaks...ps I'm using Jaguar if it makes any difference...

stew

Post by stew » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:41 am

I own it for a couple of weeks - it's a fun thing. Just plug it in and play with it in live, it doesn't need any drivers in OS X. I don't really have any more tips, as it just works without any hassles, especially in Live. With the four bank buttons you can also make seperate banks - one for mixing controls, one for effects, etc.
I'd only have two wishes about it, which would be infinite controllers and an extra MIDI In port, but you can't have everything (especially at that price).

stew

Post by stew » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:45 am

I forgot the shameless plug: If you are using BeOS, you can donload my driver for the UC-16 here.

mindlobster

Post by mindlobster » Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:40 pm

Thanks, I've had a couple of quick sessions with it - it is nice, for those occasions when an Oxygen8 is just too big! It changes everything when you can alter a few fx parameters at the same time. Agreed, infinite controllers would be preferable...I've borrowed an Evolution MK225C keyboard too, let's see how that goes over the weekend...