8.13 crash when it scans for vst's

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DEEMUSIC

8.13 crash when it scans for vst's

Post by DEEMUSIC » Mon May 31, 2010 3:59 pm

I have vista x64 on my system and I've been trying to get some support from the company and they tell me to delete or remove the the vst's that is causing crash. the scan get to the S's and I get and error massage that 8.13 has crashed and I get this error message at the start up 8.13exe no disk. I've search the forum and I see they have found a work around for windows 7 for the vst's not showing up like IK vst's and others is there one for vista and where can I find the info the help would be real cool I've stopped doing everything in Live because the crash and the error message at the start up kill my mood for doing music and that's not cool.

HeadrickProductions

Re: 8.13 crash when it scans for vst's

Post by HeadrickProductions » Mon May 31, 2010 7:15 pm

what Vst's!?!?

my guess is that they are some iffy ones in the folder's or just simply unstable ones.

take them all out and put that back in one by one.

You should find which one is the reason for the crashes
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

DEEMUSIC

Re: 8.13 crash when it scans for vst's

Post by DEEMUSIC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:47 am

I have taken almost all my vst's out of my folder and I get the same error messages after the scan I thought it was the IK media plugins but no, on my laptop I have most of the same plugins and I removed all the free plugins from my desktop this shit is not even funny anymore.