ableton Bridge scratch mixer performance mod

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
najrock

ableton Bridge scratch mixer performance mod

Post by najrock » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 pm

I have been planning this scratch mixer mod for some time now... the general idea is that it would allow you to send midi note and pitch changes to a synth by moving the crossfader up and down while you gated the sound with the on off... ableton would be sending the midi to the synth... and the synths audio outs then coming through the mixer...

the fader would push/pull modwheel style to do bends or filter lfo dubstep style stuff...

the 16 pads would be also assigned to whatever sampler or synth you were controlling... the four buttons under it should switch the pad banks like a real mpc...

touch sliders and rotaries would handle effects...

this is really in preparation for the serato bridge... which would then allow you to skratch whatever you were playing... i am assuming that you will need to use a sampler in ableton as your source audio for cutting real time with bridge... then the fader would simply be changing the sample played as you went up and down... wont really know till i get the beta tho...

i am hoping to be able to use the mpc pads available at mpcstuff.com

... so construction is underway... parts have been ordered... i am really hoping for some help from the community to get this up... if there is a way to get the bridge beta it would be extremely helpfull...
anyone with skratch skills should get ready for the game to be changed :mrgreen:

najrock

Re: ableton Bridge scratch mixer performance mod

Post by najrock » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:26 am

no one has any tips or input regarding making this a reality?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:31 am

Have a look over at the scratchworx blog, i believe the pitch fader aspect has already been don eso you might be able to get hold of the creator through it?

Cheers
D

Mudo

Post by Mudo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, fratless fader concept is ok but without patents and commercial pursuit... it is not necessary aprobation from John Beez, I believe...

About the rest is cool design but a bit expensive (only with rane mixer it gets hiiigh).

And about bridge, ask Serato.