APC40, footswitch, midi programming

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrtunes

Re: APC40, footswitch, midi programming

Post by mrtunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 am

i would like to set the footswitch to engage record on the track that is currently selected. when it is finished recording i would like it to aim for the slot below it. from what i can tell it can only do this using scene launch, which isn't what i want because that will affect all the other tracks that aren't selected. does anyone know any workarounds?

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:54 am

mrtunes wrote:i would like to set the footswitch to engage record on the track that is currently selected. when it is finished recording i would like it to aim for the slot below it. from what i can tell it can only do this using scene launch, which isn't what i want because that will affect all the other tracks that aren't selected. does anyone know any workarounds?
Just saw a max for live patch that would let you do something similar but not sure if you have max for live..

something like the magic button or something like that, magic recorder idk

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:41 am

i dont have max for live but if that exists i would probably buy it. i should buy it anyways

Markemark

Post by Markemark » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:58 am

You could remove the stop buttons from your other tracks, then they will not be affected by your scene launch!!!

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 am

Markemark wrote:You could remove the stop buttons from your other tracks, then they will not be affected by your scene launch!!!
thanks but that wont work. i need the stops! :)

liteliaison

Post by liteliaison » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Markemark wrote:The apc40's two inputs are auto assigned as follow's,
FS1 Will launch scenes.
FS2 Will launch highlighted clip in the grid.

If you also want to jump to the next clip down in the track your recording, this may work for you.

Use FS1 and in the preferences turn on "Select Next Scene on Launch". Also turn on "Start Recording on Scene Launch".

edit: Think I just found a bug, "Select Next Scene on Launch" does not work when using FS1, only works when enter is hit on the keyboard. Sorry 'bout that, I'm sure the abes will fix this easy.

second edit: To workaround this bug, turn on midi map mode and a little play button will appear under stop all clips, map to FS1. Now if you turn on "Select Next Scene on Launch" it will work with FS1 too.

has anyone else tried the above successfully? I'm on ableton lite still so the looper solve isn't relevant to me till I get a few more pay checks!

if I set footswitch1 to "stop all clips" and turn on "select next scene on launch" and "start recording on launch" will the foot switch just keep recording new audio to a new scene (on the armed track) each time I press it?

obviously I'm going to try this out myself but I'm bedridden at the moment so I'm doing lots of pre planning in my head. and want to hit the ground running when I'm better.