..:: Tarekith's DJ EFX v8 ::..

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Tarekith

..:: Tarekith's DJ EFX v8 ::..

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 pm

I have some gigs coming up this summer, and while prepping for them realized I've been using the same effects racks for some time now. Decided to spend the day creating a few more to use in the upcoming shows. Also took the chance to update all the old EFX Racks with color and other small tweaks and fixes. So, version 8 of my EFX Rack pack is now requires Live 8.1.3, sorry to those still on Live 7. Just too much of a pain for me to keep a second version of Live around for the few times I make new racks. Anyway, for those of you on Live 8, enjoy:

http://tarekith.com/assets/TarekithDJEFXv8.zip

Here's the new racks:

This is a cool auto-panning effect rack. Turn the knob left to get a really slow bounce back and forth between the speakers. Turn it to the right to increase the panning speed.

As anyone who'd used my effects racks knows, I love delays. Well, here's another one. I have some gigs coming up this summer, and decided I wanted a new delay rack to use. This one is more hypnotic and a lot less ping pong style like my previous ones.

This is a pretty wild one, great for turning things into ambient washes. Left turns give you a darker, deeper tone. Turning to the right gives everything more presence.

One of my favorite racks, this is a really trippy, bouncy, just plain grooving build-up maker. Turn the knob slowly all the way to the left and just let it hypnotize you. Turning to the right speeds it up some.

As usual with my EFX Racks lately, you want to assign a knob on your controller to the first knob in the rack. The default position is straight up at 64. Within a few degrees of this, the signal is dry and completely untouched by the effect chains. Turn the knob left or right for different effects.

Have fun!

S4racen

Re: ..:: Tarekith's DJ EFX v8 ::..

Post by S4racen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 pm

By current rates these should be 8 dollars a rack....!!

Wish i could be at home to get these downloaded....!

Cheers
D

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks T!
love your racks and tutorials! mucho respecto.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am

cool, looking forward to check them out - thanks for sharing 8)

Big Mister Music

Post by Big Mister Music » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 am

As per, brilliant stuff Tarekith. I have to agree - at the current going rate these could make you some $.
Big Mister Doom - Check out our music & blog (free tracks & mixes):
http://www.bigmisterdoom.co.uk
http://www.soundcloud.com/bigmisterdoom

stonee

Post by stonee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:01 pm

tarekith, you are a truly beautiful person.

I don't know what giving away free racks has to do with physical appearance, but if there's no corralation, there should be. haha

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Big Mister Music wrote:As per, brilliant stuff Tarekith. I have to agree - at the current going rate these could make you some $.
I feel bad charging for something I was going to make anyway. Besides, "usually" enough people send me a $1 donation that I stay motivated to keep making more.

carrieres

Post by carrieres » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:21 pm

thanks, as i will play the 21 of June "fete de la musique in france !!! :D
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1 and MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad PRO
Intel i7-7700HQ, Windows 10, Ableton Live 10 Suite
http://soundcloud.com/ccarrieres

thomas.martinet

Post by thomas.martinet » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:51 pm

These are great. I really like the use of the chain selector in the pack's one button effects. Thanks Tarekith.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Great, glad you like them!

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:19 am

Been using your FX Racks for free for a while now. :oops:

Fixed. :D

Thanks Tarekith

Superchibisan

Post by Superchibisan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:24 pm

any way you can put these on one rack so that the apc 40 can use them all to their max potential?

terryowens

Post by terryowens » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Could a kind soul please re-post this zip file for version 8? The links have been disabled and Tarekith suggested that I post a request here as he no longer has the v8 zip file. I have tried Tarekith's v.8.5 and v.9 but they don't work in my version of Live 8.09. Many thanks in advance

T.O.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:38 pm

I forgot to mention, if you upgrade to the latest version of Live 8, the 8.5 pack will work just fine. No reason not to be using the latest version of Live 9 really, not like it costs you anything.

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:10 pm

terryowens wrote:Could a kind soul please re-post this zip file for version 8? The links have been disabled and Tarekith suggested that I post a request here as he no longer has the v8 zip file. I have tried Tarekith's v.8.5 and v.9 but they don't work in my version of Live 8.09. Many thanks in advance

T.O.
If Tarekith is ok with it, I can send you the V8 version if you still need it. PM me with details & I can email it. I'm away for the next week, but can fix next weekend.