Monolake

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
supster

Monolake

Post by supster » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:06 am

Recently I've been listening to Monolake.

Can I get a nod on how unbelievably good this sh*t is?

I have Gravity. They have so many releases ... can any Monolake fans out there recommend any of thier albums ... what are the best ones iyo ...
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

drush

Post by drush » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:47 am

their is actually his (Robert Henke). once upon a time it would have been their (Gerhard Behles & Robert Henke) but Gerhard more or less left the group to form/run Ableton... of which Robert is also very involved but not to the degree of running the company the way Gerhard is. ...do you already know this?

anyway, an answer to your question is, imo, Cinemascope. and last year's Momentum. i also really like Interstate. but i seem to first go back to Cinemascope whenever i haven't listened to Monolake in a while.

supster

Post by supster » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:44 am

drush wrote:their is actually his (Robert Henke). once upon a time it would have been their (Gerhard Behles & Robert Henke) but Gerhard more or less left the group to form/run Ableton... of which Robert is also very involved but not to the degree of running the company the way Gerhard is. ...do you already know this?

anyway, an answer to your question is, imo, Cinemascope. and last year's Momentum. i also really like Interstate. but i seem to first go back to Cinemascope whenever i haven't listened to Monolake in a while.
No, actually I havent had a chance to read the history, thanks. I knew Robert was part of it ...
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:03 am

First monolake i got was cyan, picked it up in '97 and it still spends alot of time in my box

subbasshead

Post by subbasshead » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:46 am

i love the monolake cd called "Gobi, the desert"
more ambient/less beats than more recent releases
just one 36 minute evolving track
beautiful!

thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:17 pm

my vote is for Gobi as well...

Amazing album. I also dig the harder to find "Hong Kong" as well.

Check out www.betalounge.com and www.paxahau.com for some live sets which are just outstanding.

sp0bjogu

Post by sp0bjogu » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:24 pm

Came across http://www.monolake.de by a chance when browsing the artist section at abletons site last year.

Sound is now forever re-defined.

Ended up ordering all currently released CDs at Amazon.

Get them.

Now.

/sp0