nerve vs maschine in ableton

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
john gordon
Posts: 2680
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:24 am
Location: Delaware

nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by john gordon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:22 pm

hate to say this but steve duda's nerve has made me decide to sell maschine.i know alot of you will laugh and think im crazy but nerve is great for making those flying lotus type beats within minutes.its almost too easy.i just bought it last night and started playing with it an hour ago.check out the demo and be prepared to be blown away.ive already put maschine on craigs list for 450.

chapelier fou
Posts: 5059
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 12:15 pm

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by chapelier fou » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Wow, this looks amazing.
Just two questions come to my mind :

How do you change patterns with clips in ableton ?

When you use your own samples, is it well saved ? I mean, if I my computer dies, will I be able to have backups ?

I should ask Steve Duda, I know.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
iMac 27" Retina i5 3,2 GHz OS 10.11.3 L10.0.1 M4L.

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by Poster » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm

john gordon wrote:i know alot of you will laugh and think im crazy
this.. and that..

kb420
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:35 am
Location: Cydonia on the 4th Planet

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by kb420 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:54 pm

I watched a video of this "nerve", and honestly I don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxbx-fvvsGI

I really don't see what it has over Live or Maschine. Maybe I'm missing something.
H20nly wrote:fuck Bitwig.

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by Poster » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:01 pm

kb420 wrote:I watched a video of this "nerve", and honestly I don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxbx-fvvsGI

I really don't see what it has over Live or Maschine. Maybe I'm missing something.
the only thing it has over Live and Maschine are the sample sculpting features..

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by 3dot... » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm really not seeing how this is better than Live's session view/drum-racks..
what are the highlights that made you wanna sell Maschine?
Image

dum
Posts: 2678
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by dum » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:19 pm

$200 of meh.


Needs more time in the oven
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

cmreal04
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:27 am

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by cmreal04 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:34 pm

john gordon wrote:hate to say this but steve duda's nerve has made me decide to sell maschine.i know alot of you will laugh and think im crazy but nerve is great for making those flying lotus type beats within minutes.its almost too easy.i just bought it last night and started playing with it an hour ago.check out the demo and be prepared to be blown away.ive already put maschine on craigs list for 450.
You've helped me out more than once on this forum so thank you...and yes I think your a little crazy.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

nepotist
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by nepotist » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

I have it, it's more of a great compliment to Maschine and Ableton than anything. Great mangling capabilities, ease of use is good. I'd never sell Maschine though for Nerve. Just another great tool in the arsenal.
The Sales Department
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
BANDCAMP Download "Airlock" free-10 songs recorded in 10 Days

bytheriver
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:53 pm

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by bytheriver » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 am

To understand nerve you need to use the demo for a bit, it just doesn't translate over videos/feature lists.

Its really, really good.

supamonsta
Posts: 2621
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: The Lounge
Contact:

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by supamonsta » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:55 am

it seems it just lacks a dedicated hardware 8)

Sureno
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 pm
Location: west london somewhere
Contact:

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by Sureno » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm

I have both, both great bits of kit but i will say NERVE is even better in the beta version, it has so many new and better features then the current official release

cmreal04
Posts: 716
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:27 am

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by cmreal04 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 pm

This thread shouldn't be called nerve vs maschine. Maschine's strength lies it it's Hardware based workflow, can't compare the two.
Ableton 9, Feeltune Rhizome, Focusrite Pro, Mpk249....

nepotist
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:07 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by nepotist » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Sureno wrote:I have both, both great bits of kit but i will say NERVE is even better in the beta version, it has so many new and better features then the current official release
What are you liking about it?
The Sales Department
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
BANDCAMP Download "Airlock" free-10 songs recorded in 10 Days

abluesky
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: nerve vs maschine in ableton

Post by abluesky » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Flying Lotus made all his beats on Los Angeles in Reason, and for Cosmogramma in Reason and Live. No "need" for anything but talent and drive.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip- ... ums-2.html

Post Reply