Hey all yous fullas in Melbourne, Oz

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pitch Black

Hey all yous fullas in Melbourne, Oz

Post by Pitch Black » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:49 pm

Hi all, sorry for the shameless self-promotion here but my partner Mike and I, alias Pitch Black, have been on the road for 8 weeks round the world and have our last gig of the tour in Melbourne at the Prince, St Kilda this Wednesday night.

We just had a rockin good time at Earthcore, (on and off the stage, tee hee) met the man like Adam Jay from Indiana and caught his pummeling techno set - wicked wicked stuff.

I'd love to catch up with any fellow Live-ers, I know there's quite a few in Melbourne, so please come along and say gidday if you have the chance - we'll dance, drink beer, geek out - it'll be fun!

All the best
paddy
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

Samuel Richardson

Post by Samuel Richardson » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:27 am

Hey, this the same Pitch Black from New Zealand? Got a kind of live drum and bass thing going on?

I'm actually moving over to Melbourne from New Zealand in a few months time, would be great to catch up and compare notes.

S

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:24 am

I know Komplex is from that neck of the woods... Lots of VB to be spilt and drunk...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

SongCarver

Post by SongCarver » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:10 am

I'm in melbourne.

main at songcarver dotty com

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:20 am

Senor SongCarver!

emailing you now...
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Soundcloud

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:34 am

cosmosuave wrote:I know Komplex is from that neck of the woods... Lots of VB to be spilt and drunk...
VB? we once got given 2 slabs of that on our rider (don't ask) and we couldn't give it away! We'll have a Boags or a Cascade or a Crown thanx :)

cheers
p
Soundcloud

forge

Post by forge » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:53 am

Pitch Black wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:I know Komplex is from that neck of the woods... Lots of VB to be spilt and drunk...
VB? we once got given 2 slabs of that on our rider (don't ask) and we couldn't give it away! We'll have a Boags or a Cascade or a Crown thanx :)

cheers
p
Ahh he likes his Tasmanian Brews? Good choice :wink:

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:32 am

what time you on Paddy?

-am

forge

Post by forge » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:49 pm

Paddy

I saw Billy Connolly's World tour of New Zealand last night -was that you playing the spoons in the (kawatawatongi-whatever) bush band?

:lol:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:53 pm

Pitch Black was great at Earthcore!!! a perfect set for the early evening. =D

check them out when you get a chance folks.

as for the Tazi Beers, agreed!!!
Coopers ain't half bad either... especially the tasty bits at the bottom.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:00 am

am-

I think we're on at 11-ish, if I can confirm the time in the next 2 days I'll post it. I should add there are 2 awesome live dub bands playing before us; The Red Eyes and our fellow Kiwis Cornerstone Roots. So it'll be a full night of bass-heavy skank-tastic dub action :wink:

forge-

Billy Connolly? Never met the man but been to many of his shows :lol:
You tellin' me my evil doppelganger is running around out there in the South Island??? ...spoons, hmmm........ :idea:

cheers
p

KENRETINA

Post by KENRETINA » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:41 am

Pitch Black wrote:

cheers
p
Crown Lager is the DoGs!!!!!!

Komplex

Post by Komplex » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:23 am

Don't think I'll be leaving the house for a few days after those Earthcore shenanigans :)

Managed to miss your set PB but I'm sure it went well :)

Adam, did you record your main stage set?

PS, I really dislike beer! It's gutter booze. Cheap, tastes like shit and makes you get a gut.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:21 am

Gidday, last time to blow the auto-trumpet of self promotion, but it was asked so here's the rundown for the gig tonight.

8:30 DJ Cool Hand Luke/Papa Stylee
9:00 Red Eyes
10:00 Cool Hand Luke/Papa Stylee
10:30 Cornerstone Roots
11:30 Cool Hand Luke/Papa Stylee
12:00 Pitch Black

cheers
paddy

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:57 pm

Hey guys,
Just curious...how is the elektronic scene Down Under. Is it growing or not.
I know that in america it is a difficult genre and still is more underground which i think is not a bad thing!
I live in holland and I think we are blessed here because you can see live electronic bands and dj,s almost every night in the weekends. There are a few names here making it big in the global dancescene, which i think is also not a bad thing because guys like Tiesto and JunkieXL worked and DJed very hard for many years for they became famous but there are also still a lot of quality bands and dj,s who are still making quality techno and elektronic music and are choosing not to make commercial music. For example artist like speedyJ who could easily make or produce a big hit but chooses to explore the outer limits and borders of elektronic music.
greetinz jamm