Difference between Resampling and Master input?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tamar UK

Difference between Resampling and Master input?

Post by Tamar UK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Hi all
Appologies if this has been answered before but i can't seem to find any answer.
Page 152 of the Live 8 manual talks about resampling of the master output by creating a new audio track and selecting the input type as 'resampling' and recording the results.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between selecting input source as 'resampling' and selecting input source as 'master'? Is it not acheiving the same result or am i missing the point?

Best Regards
Paul

Isturite-

Re: Difference between Resampling and Master input?

Post by Isturite- » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:23 pm

i'm not going to say I know for sure..... but.... i'm guessing that they are nearly the same except one creates a loop of audio-----> I took audio from the master to record a sample once, and I got feedback... (it makes sense if you think about it... example: master output to track 1... then track 1 leads to master, then master leads back to track 1 and again to master... creates a loop causing feedback)

Resampling is good for capturing the exact audio coming out of your speakers after the master track effects... I use it whenever I use any effect devices on my sounds or sends (i use a lot of parallel compression on my percussion so I need to use resample)
Kevin Welch
[Isturite]

http://www.soundcloud.com/isturite

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:38 pm

Yes I guess that would make sense, will try that tomorrow when i am back in front of my DAW. Thanks Isturite

Proj3ktDharma

Post by Proj3ktDharma » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:28 am

Hello,

I am using a Virus TI, and it looks like I have to use resampling if I want to record.

My problem( or one of my problem, that synth is driving me nut) is the loop I got is quieter than the original track.

Anybody knows why?

Thank you

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 am

taking it from master will create feedback. resampling doesnt.

Boss Level Music

Post by Boss Level Music » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm

I've been wondering about this myself.

Thanks for the info.