viewing effects for multiple channels at one time

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
RBsFreshRoastBeats

viewing effects for multiple channels at one time

Post by RBsFreshRoastBeats » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I run a 2 audio channels controlled by my monome through soundflower and into ableton live8. I have effects set up for each of the 2 channels and their parameters are mapped to different controllers on my mpd24 but i have a problem I cant figure out and i'm not even sure if it is possible. I can view the macros for the first audio channel so i know what the knobs are currently set at, but i have to click the second track to view its parameters and i dont want to have to do that live. So my question is, does anyone know how i can view the effects for multiple audio channels at the same time? Or is there some way I can set up my mpd to swap between the views of different channels by me hitting a pad?

Rabalder

Re: viewing effects for multiple channels at one time

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 am

If you have M4L, this sort of device can be downloaded from http://maxforlive.com/

DJ Tequila

Post by DJ Tequila » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 am

I seem to remember there's a setting to allow VSTs to display if the channel isn't selected. I'm at work so I can't look for it now but I will tonight.

Out of interest, what happens when you select more than one channel at once?

E2A - Just re-read that you're looking at macros, so displaying multiple channel VSTs won't help. Hmmm. :(

DJ Tequila

Post by DJ Tequila » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:43 am

As a work-around, is it possible you could use an external instrument or effect plug-in inside a rack, in effect having both channel strips within one? You may run out of macros...

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 am

you can midi map the device-title-bars. This will put the device into focus when triggering it.

If you midi map the title bar to the same message as the knob that you use to tweak it, then it will automatically go into focus when you start tweaking.