Reason 3 Officially Announced

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
draff

Post by draff » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:14 pm

Someone mentioned above they do all of their mastering in Reason. How would you master Live audio in Reason? I thought the Rewire functions in Reason were one way, i.e. out to another program, but not in?

I would be interested in testing out this new mastering module with some Live files if I could route the audio into Reason from Live.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:18 pm

Well at least the interface looks a million times better than that messy hodgepodge that ran before!

peterkirn

Reason + Live

Post by peterkirn » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:59 pm

Wait, Reason works both in ReWire slave and client mode. Since Live does too, this could be a real match made in heaven -- Reason for mastering, Live for live performance! Rock on!

All the complaints about Reason get resolved when you use Reason as an instrument in Live, and that has more appeal to me now with the Combinator and faster sample load times. I'd let Reason go for a while, and this may make me revisit it.

More thoughts here:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/index.php ... &Itemid=44

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:44 pm

draff wrote:Someone mentioned above they do all of their mastering in Reason. How would you master Live audio in Reason? I thought the Rewire functions in Reason were one way, i.e. out to another program, but not in?

I would be interested in testing out this new mastering module with some Live files if I could route the audio into Reason from Live.
I was just being sarchastic as Reason is hardly a good environment for mastering, it won't even import audio tracks. :lol:

JAMM

Jamm

Post by JAMM » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:53 pm

wrong.... it can not import live streams but it can import a wav or aiff!

Just make a aiff or wav file from your ableton song...import it in the NN-XT sampler..play one note in the sequencer...there you have it...your ableton song ready for mastering in reason (in 30 sec)

Greetinz

Lucid

Post by Lucid » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:42 pm

Cool