Ok - - - Share feature

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jamief

Ok - - - Share feature

Post by jamief » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm

When will it become part of the agenda again please ableton. We hqave been patient and i know how hard you guys work i appreciate how much input you put into your creations. :) but some newz development or response is at least on my part looked for.

Thanks

best
J
:)
Last edited by jamief on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamief

Re: Ok - - - Share feature

Post by jamief » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Bonjour yes i know merci. But i really want to not change DAW and stay with Ableton. Its been 9 years i ve been using it and i love it so much. But thanks for your suggestion :)

je suis Ecosse

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:47 am

I ear you (: was on the beta test, liked the way it was coming out. As they decided to rebuilt it from the ground up, think it will take some time and they are not going to rush on it this time. Next sharing option inplemented is surely export to soundcloud (yes, not the same level).

pr0jekt2501

Post by pr0jekt2501 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:29 am

features look good here : http://www.ableton.com/share

how do you enable share ?

Bagle

Post by Bagle » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:32 am

im not here to complain, i love ableton there company the people big abes fan here..
but do ye remember few weeks ago when sony released an update to their ps3 that removed the other OS feature where people could put linux on them..
well sony is getting sued for removing features that a product was sold with..

i feel kinda the same way. i feel well cheated out of something, i got 8 with the hopes of share being a part of teh product, now i understand that its been harder for them then they realise but still, come on
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:44 am

Bagle wrote:im not here to complain, i love ableton there company the people big abes fan here..
but do ye remember few weeks ago when sony released an update to their ps3 that removed the other OS feature where people could put linux on them..
well sony is getting sued for removing features that a product was sold with..

i feel kinda the same way. i feel well cheated out of something, i got 8 with the hopes of share being a part of teh product, now i understand that its been harder for them then they realise but still, come on
this. that. it just DOESN'T work.

Bagle

Post by Bagle » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:02 am

ohm managed to do it, i guess im just disapointed
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

Territan

Post by Territan » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Bagle wrote:ohm managed to do it, i guess im just disapointed
"Managed to do it?" Technically, not so much.

I just visited the Ohm Studio site myself (because I too was checking in on the state of Share). They haven't gone to release yet. They're still in beta, possibly even alpha. They haven't even firmed up pricing yet, which I take to mean that details are still up in the air.

And as I understand it, Ohm is working toward an even more aggressive paradigm than Ableton was: rather than hosting the file and notifying invitees of changes, they're pushing for a hosted common session with changes being actively pushed out to users as they're made. It could happen that they run into even more technical problems than Ableton did and have to rethink their project too.

Mind you, though, there's a side-idea in there that strikes me as novel: versioning. Imagine being able to roll back and forth through the history of your musical ideas.
———
(MBP3.1GHz, 16GbRAM, 2TbHD 40% full, Live10suite, Komplete9—much upgraded from 2006. Still zero talent, though. Not a lick.)

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am

bump

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi folks,

The best solution right now for doing what the initial preview of Share was capable of is Dropbox.

Pretty much the only limitations are lack of seamless integration with Live and the lack of support for management of third-party plugins via freezing.

As for the future plans on our side, there's nothing I can really say for now besides "we're still working on it."

But I strongly recommend looking into Dropbox as a solution for collaboration. It's dead simple and very robust.

Best,

jamief

Post by jamief » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Ok Dennis thanks for your reply

Best
J :)
Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

The best solution right now for doing what the initial preview of Share was capable of is Dropbox.

Pretty much the only limitations are lack of seamless integration with Live and the lack of support for management of third-party plugins via freezing.

As for the future plans on our side, there's nothing I can really say for now besides "we're still working on it."

But I strongly recommend looking into Dropbox as a solution for collaboration. It's dead simple and very robust.

Best,

KrisM

Post by KrisM » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Dennis DeSantis wrote:Hi folks,

Best,
This is what I use. It syncs really well, and you can point Live's browser right to the DropBox folder. And best of all, DropBox gives away 250MB of extra space for referrals. I think I'm up to 4GB now from the 2GB they started me with.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTUyNzIyMDM5

The referrer and the referree both get the bonus, too.
I don't 'produce.' I write music.