aurex FREE step sequencers for LP without M4L/Bome ! + vids

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
biologik

Re: aurex FREE step sequencers for LP without M4L/Bomes ! + vids

Post by biologik » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:57 pm

wow Aurex!
These are amazing! Great job upgrading your first one. I had good fun with that one. These two look even better. I can't wait to give these a spin. These two new programs deserve their own thread.
Thanks so much!
Eric

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Biologik

Thanks for the kind words :D (here and I guess that's also you on YouTube?).
It's great to get such nice feedback, really appreciate it !
If you have any questions/problems feel free to contact me!

Cheers
aurex

biologik

Post by biologik » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 am

yeah, that was me.

ok, so i've been playing with Troxic for about 2hrs.
it is _exactly_ what i've been looking for. it will fit in perfectly to a live pa. i can't wait!

everything worked perfectly.. except this which may not really be a bug:

for some reason, i get a specific pattern of flashing red LEDs when i'm in any mode (incl. session and mixer) other than user 1. i can still program patters with no problem but the keys will only stay yellow until it flashes red and then remains red. i tried to see what could be doing this and for the life of me i couldn't. it flashes on beat SND LIGHT so I know it's related to that. if I disable the first LED (1st row, 2nd button) it disappears - but so does the sound selection. it also looks like a game of pong when i do that in user mode 1 (but not in user mode 2 or any other). when i disable that LED and switch to user mode 2 the scrolling LED (vol to arm) works properly again but is messed up in other views like session. any idea?

also, if you want, i'd be happy to test out future stuff (biologik at gmail dot com).

great work!!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm

biologik wrote: for some reason, i get a specific pattern of flashing red LEDs when i'm in any mode (incl. session and mixer) other than user 1. i can still program patters with no problem but the keys will only stay yellow until it flashes red and then remains red. i tried to see what could be doing this and for the life of me i couldn't. it flashes on beat SND LIGHT so I know it's related to that. if I disable the first LED (1st row, 2nd button) it disappears - but so does the sound selection. it also looks like a game of pong when i do that in user mode 1 (but not in user mode 2 or any other). when i disable that LED and switch to user mode 2 the scrolling LED (vol to arm) works properly again but is messed up in other views like session. any idea?

also, if you want, i'd be happy to test out future stuff (biologik at gmail dot com).

great work!!
Hi

Yeah the reason why this happens is because the LP has overlapping midi CC's in the different pages.
So what you see is the sound selection leds (or the sequencer leds) but because it's in another page, they're all twisted and in the wrong order (the LP has a different cc setup in each page, a lot of the cc's are the same, but organised in a different way).

Because of the overlapping cc's, I created a few button's on the LP to turn the LED feedback of.
So before you go in another mode (session / mixer / ...) make sure you turn off the LED feedback if you don't want the LED feedback in other pages.

example for Troxic 8-8, start from the user 1 page (main edits/sound selection):
The second button in the first row switches between the LED sequence in user 2 and the sound selection feedback in user 1
-> press it before you go to user 2 if you want to see the LED sequence, and turn it off when you're back in user 1
The third button in the first row kills all the LED feedback
-> press it if you go to any other page than user 1, or if you don't need to see the LED sequence in user 2

That's all!

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

biologik

Post by biologik » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:13 pm

yep. that works :)

is it possible to tie in that button to the top controller ones rather than pressing it before changing a page?

the only other thing i'd suggest, if possible, is to change the up down scrolling on the vol-->arm in user 2 mode to column scrolling from left to right to match the sequence. right now they're opposite from each other. you can just make that in red or something..

by no means a deal breaker though. will be blasting this one out for a while!
thanks again!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey pssssst, can I tell you a little secret?
Something's cooking and I'm already having fun with it ......

biologik

Post by biologik » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm

tease.

i was about to integrate troxic into my PA set but now i'll try.. to wait..
looking forward to whatever you have in store!

Ezmyrelda

Post by Ezmyrelda » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Hey pssssst, can I tell you a little secret?
Something's cooking and I'm already having fun with it ......
Can you give us a hint?

Sarrova-Q

Re: aurex FREE step sequencers for LP without M4L/Bome ! + vids

Post by Sarrova-Q » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Hmmm a hint ....

Well, it's NOT going to be a drumsequencer, and it's designed to feed audio through ...
Oh and one more thing: The rack itself is my most complex rack until now (this device took some time to make it all possible) :D

That's all for now !

ehalt

Post by ehalt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Any chance that a Live 7 compatible version of these could be made?

The sequencers look great!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:31 pm

@ ehalt

Sorry mate, I don't have Live 7 available so I can't make them work for you (plus it would be too much work to remake them in Live 7, you don't want to know how many hours I spend for making these sequencers). Maybe it's time to upgrade :wink: ? Sorry I couldn't help you.

I have a question to all users:

As I'm currently making my next sequencer I was wondering if I also needed to make a manual to explain things. Okay you can't know how complex my upcoming sequencer is, but (for my other sequencers) do you have enough information in the Youtube video's or would a manual be helpful?

Just asking because I don't want to spend time writing a manual if the youtube vids explain enough...

About the new sequencer: Me thinks it will be worth the wait ... 8)

Thx !

o0o

Post by o0o » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 pm

It Feels like christmas, thank you Sarrova-Q and yes basic manuals would be nice for these wonderful
gifts.
rabbit

biologik

Post by biologik » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:08 am

if it's much more complex than your other sequencers then i'd say it'd be worthwhile.. or you can try to make a long ass video..
either way, though, i had to go back to the video once i started playing with it, so perhaps a manual is the way to go.. :D

thanks for all your work!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 am

Manual: CHECK ! :)

ukslice

Post by ukslice » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

I am quite new to Ableton and I downloaded quite a few of these sequencers and couldn't understand why none of them worked. Took a lot of head scratching to realise that I had to add in the Instruments/samples first. I just expected it to work out of the box. A manual would have been handy, nothing too detailed but just enough to get it started.

Also when I set up my launchpad I didn't realise that you had to tick additional boxes in preferences to get info going in the other direction so lights didn't work right. I don't think Novation mention that in their setup but it is crucial for sequencers.

One of the sequencer I tried you had to add an instrument into 64 tracks whereas yours was just one and that was miles easier.

A pdf map of the button layout, that you have in the video, would be handy as well.

Launchpad would be immense if each button had an led screen in the centre that you could put a short piece of text on so that you always know what each button does.

All that aside a big thank you for all your work on these products and a bigger one for not charging (as others do). Your an Ableton Hero.. 8)

Check out whats new on our site.
We are now giving away Gigabytes of free loops that we used to sell.
A mixture of Trance, Dance, Hiphop and Glitch and all copyright free.