Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
Dr. Fluffenstein
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:12 am

Does anybody know where I can download Machinedrum samples? I found some links on the forum but they are outdated. Thanks.

micah frank
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Contact:

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by micah frank » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:13 am

broken machinedrum samples ;) MD Sysex Meltdown Kit -
http://www.puremagnetik.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=177

Dr. Fluffenstein
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks for that, those are some great sounding racks :D . Are there non-broken samples circulating around? I'm in the process of making a MD rack, but at least now I can emulate a malfunctioning one :lol:

I found these:
http://rapidshare.com/files/131393473/s ... 1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/131391224/s ... 2.rar.html

But they're rather sketchy, so I was wondering if anyone has some better dry samples.

ark
Posts: 1349
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by ark » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 pm

I think M-Audio sells a CD of Machinedrum samples.

Tarekith
Posts: 17640
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:51 am

ark wrote:I think M-Audio sells a CD of Machinedrum samples.
Yes, created by one of the Elektron guys too, it's pretty good if all you want is static samples of the MD.

Dr. Fluffenstein
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks I'll check those out.
Last edited by Dr. Fluffenstein on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slightlydelic
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Slightlydelic » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 pm

there's a machinedrum sample cd/dvd available on the electron site, dont know if its the one mentioned above.

bencodec
Posts: 330
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by bencodec » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 pm

The MD has 5 different synthesis types. Subtractive, FM, physical modeling, ROM, and Sampling if you get the UW version. they all sound great.
Macbook Pro unibody 2.2 Ghz Quad i7, 16GB RAM, 512MB graphics, 500 GB SSD, 500 GB HD, Mac OS 10.8
http://www.bangbang-nyc.com

Slightlydelic
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Slightlydelic » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 pm

while we are on the machinedrum subject, can anyone tell me the difference between the mk1 & mk2.

Dr. Fluffenstein
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:32 pm

bencodec wrote:The MD has 5 different synthesis types. Subtractive, FM, physical modeling, ROM, and Sampling if you get the UW version. they all sound great.
Thanks, I edited out that question from my post since I realize it is synthesis based :) . To re-phrase the question, are the synthesis parameters applied to oscillators? Or are they applied to internal samples? (kind of like simpler/sampler can be used to change a sound)

EDIT: nvm, I guess FM and physical modeling implies oscillators :roll:
Slightlydelic wrote:while we are on the machinedrum subject, can anyone tell me the difference between the mk1 & mk2.
The differences are listed in the manual under the section "Differences Between the MKI and MKII Models"
http://www.elektron.se/sites/default/fi ... OS1.53.pdf

Slightlydelic
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Slightlydelic » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 am

Dr. Fluffenstein wrote:
bencodec wrote:The MD has 5 different synthesis types. Subtractive, FM, physical modeling, ROM, and Sampling if you get the UW version. they all sound great.
Thanks, I edited out that question from my post since I realize it is synthesis based :) . To re-phrase the question, are the synthesis parameters applied to oscillators? Or are they applied to internal samples? (kind of like simpler/sampler can be used to change a sound)

EDIT: nvm, I guess FM and physical modeling implies oscillators :roll:
Slightlydelic wrote:while we are on the machinedrum subject, can anyone tell me the difference between the mk1 & mk2.
The differences are listed in the manual under the section "Differences Between the MKI and MKII Models"
http://www.elektron.se/sites/default/fi ... OS1.53.pdf

thanks for that, not being an owner, i wouldnt have thought to RTFM.

polyslax
Posts: 2402
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by polyslax » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:20 am

Don't know if you've already seen these ones but I mentioned some Machinedrum and Monomachine samples here:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=59
Image Image

Dr. Fluffenstein
Posts: 306
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Looking for Machinedrum sampes

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 am

Slightlydelic wrote: thanks for that, not being an owner, i wouldnt have thought to RTFM.
No prob. I didn't assume you were an owner, sorry if I sounded a bit RTFM'ish, that wasn't my intention :) .
polyslax wrote:Don't know if you've already seen these ones but I mentioned some Machinedrum and Monomachine samples here:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=59
Thanks for those.

Post Reply