Reaktor 5.5 Public Beta !!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
leedsquietman

Re: Reaktor 5.5 Public Beta !!

Post by leedsquietman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:45 am

There are plenty of decent plugins which are 5+ years old, Sonnox and Sonalksis to name 2 who haven't done much in the recent past spring to mind. Sonalksis just updated their website. Some of Wave's plugins, especially in the Gold, Silver and Native Power Pack, date back almost 10 years.

Ableton COULD go back to a yearly upgrade cycle, once they fix Live 8 and quit pottering around with 3rd party collaborations, although they would be unwise to do so - even Cakewalk are taking their time, having run out of plugins they can bundle in and call it a new version. They did a .5 upgrade to Sonar 8, something rare for them.

I agree that NI sometimes are hasty to discontinue plugins. B4II was one of my fave plugins and still relevant, the Kore packs just don't reach the same heights for me. Then again, would you prefer to have a WUP policy like Waves, payable annually to maintain compatibility ??? Most would not, methinks.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:48 am

leeds wrote:...prefer to have a WUP policy like Waves, payable annually to maintain compatibility ???...
Hell NO!
Terrence Lennon

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 am

so over Reaktor 5.5 already, I've just made everything you can with it. Sigh, when are they going to bring out 6!?

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 am

tlennon wrote:
leeds wrote:...prefer to have a WUP policy like Waves, payable annually to maintain compatibility ???...
Hell NO!

You cant open L8 files in L7.. when it comes to musical cooperation ableton updates are essential.. and we was all allwright with this aslong the progress was functional... The anual update was oblegatory for most users... so no big difference...

I like that Reaktor gets still developed... and i will participate in the test because i really want reaktor stable..

v5 is the most stable we ever had on mac.. but it still glitches from tome to time...
improovements possible...

beside that Realtor is a more try and error program than max... at least sofar i know... i was able to patch complex patches in reaktor without ever having read the manual yet... and i use it for 8 years now...!!

Its pretty similar to compare reaktor with max, than to compare ableton live with a regular daw
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:39 am

dum wrote:Posters requests were almost entirely workflow improvements. Nice, but hardly exciting..
in fact, this .5 update is much more exciting to me than any single thing he listed...at least there's new synthesis modules. for free.
Right, but poster is asking for things that make it certain he's delved into Reactor quite a bit, and isn't just looking for free ready made ensembles, which was your gripe about most people moaning about Reactor 6 not being out yet so he's not just whining, credit where credit is due ya know?

Also to all the people complaining that this update in some way means that NI aren't about to upgrade Reactor to 6 haven't followed Kontakt development closely at all.
Kontakt 3 got a major update to 3.5 that added all kinds of improvements literally only a few months before 4 was released. So it's no indication that Reactor isn't getting a major upgrade soon
leedsquietman wrote:There are plenty of decent plugins which are 5+ years old,
This.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:46 am

3phase wrote: You cant open L8 files in L7.. when it comes to musical cooperation ableton updates are essential.. and we was all allwright with this aslong the progress was functional... The anual update was oblegatory for most users... so no big difference...
One of the shinning features of Digital Performer forever. They allow you to save songs in older version formats. Sure Max/MSP stuff would be missing, but I for one would sacrifice animals to Abletons god of choice to simply be able to open up Live 8 songs in Live 7 with third party plug ins and basic automation intact, even if it's not perfect it's still IMO a FUCKING NECESSITY IN A PERFORMANCE ORIENTED DAW TO BE ABLE TO SAVE A SONG IN THE MOST STABLE VERSION FOR YOUR SET UP, AND IT MAKES NOT A BIT OF SENSE WHY THIS ISN'T SO IN LIVE AND IS IN OTHER DAWS!!!!

Wew! I feel better now. :)

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:34 am

Machinesworking wrote:
dum wrote:Posters requests were almost entirely workflow improvements. Nice, but hardly exciting..
in fact, this .5 update is much more exciting to me than any single thing he listed...at least there's new synthesis modules. for free.
Right, but poster is asking for things that make it certain he's delved into Reactor quite a bit, and isn't just looking for free ready made ensembles, which was your gripe about most people moaning about Reactor 6 not being out yet so he's not just whining, credit where credit is due ya know?
it just proves he hardly touches those shiny ready mades under the hood otherwise he would have recognized those points as serious workflow enhancers..

anyway.. as I said, if R5 would not have been updated for again 5 more years I could still get stuff done because it's quite impossible to hit ceiling..
on the other hand I cannot deny that new factory ensembles and new primary modules are welcome.. but workflow first..

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 am

Poster wrote:Lazerbass.. 8O seriously.. 8O

where did you get that from? its not part of the beta installer...

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 am

3phase wrote:

factory/ensembles/new additions/synthesizer/lazerbass.ens

maybe have a look on the Reaktor forum because I've read that some people are completely missing new content..

esky

Post by esky » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 am

So far like...:
- stable beta, worked a few hours with it and had no issues
- nice gui
- browsing now NI standard

not so much like...:
- new standard knobs and faders, they look a bit toyish i find
- Lazerbass...to much Drum'n Bass, not my cup of tea

but overall... :D

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 am

Poster wrote:
3phase wrote:

factory/ensembles/new additions/synthesizer/lazerbass.ens

maybe have a look on the Reaktor forum because I've read that some people are completely missing new content..
according to my finder i am one of them.. there is no lazerbass on my harddrives..

Poster

Post by Poster » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

3phase wrote:according to my finder i am one of them.. there is no lazerbass on my harddrives..
also no Electronic Instruments 1 & 2?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:47 am

^^^ are you guys on PCs? i think so, there where reported problems with the windos installers...
*** Image GAFM ***

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

Poster wrote:
3phase wrote:according to my finder i am one of them.. there is no lazerbass on my harddrives..
also no Electronic Instruments 1 & 2?
? what is that? sounds to buy? i dont buy sounds...
there are only the ensembles and other files in my factory content folder that was there before.. no additional new demo/factory content ..
in a way thats nice because i dont like to have them filled up with tons of factory patches.. i only have a handfull there i liked

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:02 am

ok..have it now..at least the factory stuff.. you need to install manually bei opening the packages of the installer