Any Idea what VST deadmau5 is using in this video?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ItsAPandemic

Any Idea what VST deadmau5 is using in this video?

Post by ItsAPandemic » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 am

So ive come across this video of him performing strobe and they periodically show his mac and he has two different plugin's going. One is at the very bottom of live. It shows the wave file of a song, I first that that was abletons version but a closer look it looks different. second one is on the right and I have no idea what that is even doing. Last thing is it seems like he is performing in arrangement view, do you think that is right? Im curious if anyone knows what those 2 plugins are or if they are even out? I'm assuming its something that him and duda wrote but I have no idea.

Best shot is around 2:42

3phase

Re: Any Idea what VST deadmau5 is using in this video?

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
the guy is realy wearing this mousehead on stage? more head than equipment to carry?
wow..thats really funny... finaly trance music has a face !! :lol:

and against the head the body looks pretty skinny... just wonder what might happen in a while when he gains some weight... fatmau5 :lol:
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Crubier

Post by Crubier » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 am

For me, the waveform displayed is from ableton live, and he is obviously performing in session view. But i don't know about the plugin(s).

Cheers

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 am

i just spotted some sounds from the reaktor lib in the tracks of fatmau,,, maybe its reaktor instances? in case it´s not a playback only set anyway.. a no plugin involved show appears more likely to me.. the head must be good for something
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Post by 4.33 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:19 am

there's a gradual tempo ramp after the intro in strobe
you can't warp it out without artefacts
thats why he uses the arrangement view, most likely for this track only.
because if he left it unwarped in session - he'd lose sync with time-based effects.

Simmo

Post by Simmo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am

Not sure - but there's an interview here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeUM3Fqx6w) on Youtube where he's on about using Reason, Ableton, Reaktor, FLStudio so it's likely he's either using them for his live sets or a frozen-to-wave version of the patterns

Theres another video somewhere where it shows that he has a whole bunch of samples in session view for his live sets, some of which look like Loopmasters filenames at a guess

Cheers, Simmo

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:16 am

I bet it's nerve.