I want Nonome/MLR.... Launchpad? or APC40?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
The Empireal Formula

I want Nonome/MLR.... Launchpad? or APC40?

Post by The Empireal Formula » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 am

Hey guys i got a question im really interested in the Nonome/MLR Monome apps that are capable on the Launchpad, my question is...... is there such apps on the APC40 or are the monome apps for the APC40 not quite there yet? I see alot of ppl getting monome functionality quite easy on their Launchpads but i dont quite see much goin on for the APC.... So ya i have an APC and really wanna achieve monome capabilities but if Launchpad does it better im willing to try it out and see which controller is right for me.

flippo

Re: I want Nonome/MLR.... Launchpad? or APC40?

Post by flippo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 am

The Empireal Formula

Post by The Empireal Formula » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:54 am

ya i know about monomulator i have it but it seems real sketchy, I been trying to set it up but granted it takes some work. But even then i been looking all over the web and i only seen like 1 guy who managed to get it working everybody else is lost and trying to get it working on the apc.... im wondering is there a reason for that? I've seen plenty of Launchpad user videos who are well on their way as far as monome functionality. It seems its easier to get it goin on the Launchpad and that it seems to be more suitable on the LP.

flippo

Post by flippo » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:25 am

ahm ok, I dunno about that. I got it working and had a little play myself, took about 20 mins to set up?

I've used it with molar VST inside ableton.

http://vimeo.com/10228948

detroitechno

Post by detroitechno » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 am

If you have an iPad, hawtin is releasing an app similar to a launchpad. It's called Griid (yes with 2 i's).

It should be released in the next few weeks. I've used the app, very briefly and it's something else!

If not, I'd say LaunchPad. It seems there's a lot of cool things going on with it, especially with Max4Live
A bunch of gear, cords, and a computer...

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:28 pm

Another option on the iPad is the iPhone Monome Project.
http://iphonemonome.sourceforge.net
It's an open source monome emulation created with MAX/MSP and the Remokon app for iPhone/iPad.